Monday, August 7, 2017

Our weekend update

Our weekend was really nice. Emerson, my sister, nephew, his cousin, and I all went to Idewild (amusement/water park) on saturday. The weather was pretty chilly, but that didn't stop any of the kids from swimming. The park is absolutely adorable. I hadn't been in about 15 years. This was also Em's first time visiting. He loved it. I can't wait to go back next year when the weather is a bit warmer and we can stay in the water longer. The drive up and back was pretty long- an hour each way. I would never invest in season passes because I hate driving and I wouldn't want to do that drive all of the time. We have Waterpark passes, but we live right off of the parkway, so it only takes us about 15 minutes to get there, which is no time at all. Who knows what'll happen after I have the twins though. It's a great place for smaller kids, so it might be worth that drive.

 

On Sunday, we spent about 8 hours at my parent's house. It was really nice though to just hang out, laugh, bake, and talk. Em loved it. He had his cars all over there house, on top of a pound of candy that my mom/dad gave him! We were both beat by the time we got home. We watched Frozen, ate dinner, then bedtime. It was a really nice weekend.

 

Tim and I are planning redecorating Em's room. We are actually switching his bedroom into the office, then giving the twins his room. I think both are the same size, but the wall in the office is cut out, so that's why I am switching it with the Twins. I want to put both cribs next to each other and I don't think I can do that with that room's layout. Anyway, we are doing a full on superhero room and doing a gigantic accent wall with Marvel Comic wallpaper. I can't wait! It's going to look so cool. I haven't full decided on scheme yet for the twins. I"m waiting for the gender reveal, but I do have some great ideas brewing. We want to get this all done now, so that we don't have to scramble later. TIm works a lot more in the fall and travels more frequently, so he won't be around as much to do these things. Emerson and I are constantly on the go in the fall too, so I don't want to impede our fun with painting, etc.

 

This week, we are taking Emerson to see Boss Baby at the baseball stadium. They do movies at night when the pirates are away. We'll see how this pans out. If it rains, we are going to stay home. Tim and I have a wedding to attend on Saturday, which means I have to find a dress to wear after work on Friday. EW. I'm not sure what we'll do on Sunday. I have to see what the weather is like. Maybe the waterpark if it's back open then. It's been closed due to flooding for almost two weeks.

 

Oh, and how am I feeling? A lot better. Not nearly as tired, and my heartburn is under control for now. I wish my allergeries would simmer, but I'll take that over nausea any day. I am officially in my second trimester, and I definitely feel MUCH better. I hope I get a bit of a reprieve and this good feeling lasts for a while. It's nice not feeling like death warmed over all day. We are hoping to find out the babies' gender at the end of this month. The anticipation is driving everyone insane! We just want to know, so that we can start planning my baby shower, and buying some things.

 

Alright, have a fabulous week <3

 

No comments: