Wednesday, November 11, 2015

It's been awhile

I haven’t written in an entire week!!!!!!!! I don’t have that much to write about though. Over the weekend, we didn’t do anything outside of visiting my parents. The object is to spend zero dollars. I’m giving it a hell of a fight too. So far, since last Thursday, I have not spent any money outside of necessities. I went grocery shopping on Friday. That was the extent of spending money. I did have to pay for parking yesterday, but that just means I’ll put less money on my bus card. We do need a few things from the store, but again. They are all necessities. Em needs diapers. I’m trying to make it until Friday before I buy any, but having to provide for home and daycare pretty much kills that. We’re almost out completely. We can probably make it through today, but that’s it. This upcoming weekend, we’ll continue with our spending freeze. I’m trying to make it all the way until December 1st. No eating out, no coffee runs for me at work, or buying unnecessary toys while at Wal*mart. That’s a big one. When I’m at Wally, I usually will grab a couple shirts for Em, a small toy, and candles for the house. Those small purchases really add up. It’ll be a boring weekend for sure, but we need to save as much money as we possibly can. Things are a little tight right now. So tight that I’ve actually had to revert back to buying cup o noodles for lunch. I posted in my body building group. I was told to add some tuna, or chicken to it. Yeah, it might not be the best, but at least adding in some healthy protein makes it not so bad. That’s what I’ll do to save some money over the next couple of weeks.

I’m so glad all the Christmas shopping is done though. It just sucks to be this broke. It would be nice to add on a couple of items for Em, but I don’t know. If I can just pinch pennies for as long as possible it’ll definitely be a possibility. I really want to get him a potty chair. I also wouldn’t mind getting him a chair for the living room. Those are the two extra items that I have waiting in the wings. We’ll see. It’s not that it’s hard to NOT spend money. It’s not that hard, but when you think about just sitting in the house all weekend with nothing to do you sort of miss it. We weren’t doing much, but getting out of the house mid-day to go to lunch, or a late breakfast was nice. With the weather cooling down, it’s not fun to be outside anymore. It has been rainy too. I know we’ll make it though. It’ll be a good thing for me to do this. I just need to hunker down because I don’t want to be worse off than I already am.

Work is insane. I am now working in two departments. Don’t ask me how. They decided to not backfill a position in another department. Instead, it was decided that I’d do all of that work, plus the work I currently support. It has been a grueling three days since this all begun. I don’t know. I just need to figure out how to make this all work. Alright, I have to get back. Have a super day, guys.

No comments: