Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Well damn

THE FIRST PART OF THIS WAS WRITTEN ON MONDAY!

The last time I wrote I was getting ready to take Em trick-or-treating at the waterfront. It was packed. A 15 minute drive turned into almost 35 minutes. It was insane. Stores ran out of candy 25 minutes after it started, yet it was supposed to be a three hour event. We ended up taking Em to a couple of stores, then just shopping with my mom. It was still a good time. Afterwards, we went to my parent’s house for dinner. I don’t know that we’ll do that next year. It didn’t seem worth it. Plus, waiting in a line of 60 kids for one piece of candy seems silly. It gave us something to do though, so I can’t knock it too much.

On Friday, Em had his school party, so I sent him in Halloween Jammies. They were doing a masquerade, plus a pj party. Anyway, I boxed up the mummy cookies to send in too. When I picked him up, he had an entire cubby filled with treats, including one of the mummy cookies I sent. Amongst all of the other treats, they actually looked store bought, which made me feel pretty proud. We didn’t do anything on Friday night. After Em went to bed, I watched “In her shoes”. I love that movie so much.

Saturday was the big day! Halloween! Em slept in until 915am! How crazy is that?! When he woke up, I made him pumpkin shaped pancakes and eggs for breakfast. We just hung out at the house all day. Lunch was pumpkin shaped grilled cheese. He ended up taking a later nap, which only lasted an hour, but it was enough time for me to get a shower, get ready, and pack all of our stuff. Around 430pm, I got him in his costume, then we headed to my parent’s house. Trick-or-treating didn’t start until 6pm, so we had some time to kill. My sister and nephew were already there, so we were just waiting for my best friend, her kids, and her brother with his kiddos. We had a freaking blast trick-or-treating. Em was nuts as hell though. He was just darting off and into the street. It was wild. After a few blocks, I put him in the stroller. I was exhausting myself chasing  him. He was happy eating chips along the way, so I did most of the trick-or-treating for him. It’ll be easier next year when he grasps the concept more. We went around for a little over an hour, which was longer than I had expected. When we got back to my parent’s house, all of the kids came over. We had food and drinks. It was insane. We had at least 40 people stop by. The kids all had a blast. We hung out until almost 9pm before we headed home. When we got home, I gave Em a quick bath, then put him to bed. He slept until 930am! Setting the clocks back had us all wacky yesterday though. 930am really meant 1030am, so that threw me off all damn day gaining an hour.

We did nothing yesterday aside from grocery shopping. We slumped around the house watching television, and playing with toys. I cleaned a lot too. Em took such a late nap. He slept from 3-5pm, which really meant it was 6pm! I was so worried that bedtime would be messed up, but it wasn’t. He went down at his usual time. He ended up crying around 12:45am. I waited him out and he stopped after about a minute, but that never happens. Then, around 5am. I heard him cry again. It only lasted for about 10 seconds, but I definitely heard him. I woke him up a little early this morning just to make sure he was okay. He seemed fine. Maybe he had a scary dream, or something?

This week, we don’t have anything planned. I’m okay with that. I have a dentist appointment on Friday, which should be just lovely! I have to get two fillings, then the dentist is going to rebuild a broken tooth in the back. I have to be there for 1.5 hours. I know I’m going to suffer bad after, especially with keeping my mouth open that long. I don’t look forward to this pain. I just hope it isn’t as bad as when I had the root canal. He’s going to put a temp crown on this tooth too, but I won’t be able to afford the permanent one for a long time. It’s $150 for the permanent crown. I hope the temporary one is comfortable like the last one I had. It’s going to be on there for a while.

Over the weekend, Emerson’s play kitchen and play food came. It’s crazy how fast that stuff ships from Wal*mart. I’m just waiting on the pretend gas pump. That’s all I got him for Christmas, but that’s okay. He is too small to really understand right now. He has so many toys as it is. He doesn’t need a boatload. My parents spoiled him rotten though. They got him so much stuff already. I need to go through his toys before Christmas. I don’t know where the heck we’re fitting all of this in our house.

Alright, guys. I am going to cut this now, so I can go haul arse. Have a super Monday!

OKAY GUYS…THIS IS FROM TODAY: WEDNESDAY

So, I barely made it through half the work day on Monday before Daycare called to give Emerson the boot from having three runny diapers. I had to hitch a ride from town to my car. Ugh. I ended up having to take Tuesday off of work because he was not permitted back into daycare for 24 hours. He was fine yesterday. His diapers weren’t runny. They were looser than usual, but I’m blaming it on too many Halloween treats. I am so freaking paranoid right now that they are going to call me though. I just need my normalcy back. He was an absolute nightmare during the second part of the day yesterday. He refused to nap, therefore he was extremely overtired, which meant he was just out of control. We don’t have those days often, but we definitely did yesterday. He bit the dog so badly. He wouldn’t let go of her. The poor dog was freaking yelping in so much pain. Trying to get him to unlatch from her was nuts. Not having a little nap time break really sucked. Before all of that mayhem went down, we did have a nice day. I took him to the park to play, then we did a little fall mini photo shoot. The pictures came out adorably. He slept perfectly fine last night. I put him to bed a little early too. I was a bit paranoid that he’d wake up all night, but luckily, he didn’t and I got some sleep. I hope he is having a better day today.

Okay, I gotta run. Have a super one, guys!

No comments: