Wednesday, January 4, 2017

HAPPY NEW YEAR

I haven’t updated since I recapped Christmas. New Year’s Resolution: Update more! Anyway, we have been doing nothing at all. It’s so boring, guys. You all know how much Em and I are always on the go doing fun, new things, but our adventures have been extremely limited since Early December. It’ll pick back up in a few months, but for right now, this is just how it is. We have decided to do the indoor pool place for his birthday, so that’s something fun to look forward to. I think he will really like that, and it’ll be something to get us out of the house. We can pick back up with birthday parties next year.

 

Our New Year’s Eve was really nice. We ended up just going to my sister’s house for dinner, noise makers, and to hang out. Here’s a shocker: I brought the guy that I had mentioned previously. Now, don’t fall out of your seats. He has really toned down and pulled back, so that has allowed me to actually sort out if I like him, and if I’d like to get to know him more. Obviously, the answer to that is yes. We have been spending more time together, and he was going to come over after Emerson went to bed anyway, so I just decided to invite him to dinner with us. It was the first time he met Emerson. It wasn’t weird, or anything like that. I think my sister was caught off guard though. I haven’t mentioned this guy AT ALL. She knows now that we are seeing each other, so I guess the cat is out of the bag. Anyway, we ended up coming back to  my house around 815pm. Em got a bath, then went to bed. We watched Pete’s Dragon because I have been dying to see it. Afterwards, we watched the remainder of Dick Clark’s Rockin New Year’s Eve (Mariah Carey though!), and smooched at midnight. It was really nice, and one of the best New Year’s Eves I’ve had in years.  Tonight, he is coming over to have dinner with us. He is running a full marathon in Disney and will be gone Friday-Monday, so we’re squeezing in some time before he leaves. It is still extremely new and I am obviously still weary, but it has been really nice. We have a very nice balance, which is really important to me. Emerson and work will always be #1 including the house/dog. He knows that, understands that, and is never pushy otherwise. We don’t see each other very often, but the time that we do is really nice, so cross your fingers!

 

Outside of that, I am back on the workout train. It was nice taking a break over the holidays, but my poor stomach is ripped to shreds from too much processed food. It’s unreal how much that stuff tears me up! I am on day three of working out and I feel incredible. I’m training to run a half marathon. I’ve always had a marathon on my bucket list, so having someone in my life who actually runs marathons is a good motivator. We will see how this turns out. I used to be able to run 3 miles with no problems. I’ve ran 1.5 miles on Monday and today and nearly died by the time I was done. I had to stop to walk a few times too. I know my lungs and endurance will build back up, but DANG! It is not easy. To think that I could run 13.1 miles in 3-4 months is bananas. I did a pretty good upper workout last night too, so I am pretty sore this morning. I feel good though, and that’s really all that matters.

 

I now have a THIRD interview on Friday. This interview is with the VP, so I’m hoping it goes well. Let’s hope making it this far is a good sign. I’m so nervous  though. I thought I was all done and just a sitting duck awaiting a decision. I received notification yesterday that I was set up for another interview. I’m going to go into it like I did the prior two and pray for the best. I really want this opportunity so much.  I feel like this year is going to be all about change. Things are already changing so much. The fact that I’m even forging ahead with a career change, and potentially a relationship?! Training for a half marathon?! What?!! All really good things though. Let’s not forget Disney! That’s major and something I cannot stop thinking about. I think we’re going to aim for April 24-April 29. Those dates are looking good to me, but we will see. I need to see if I get this job, so that I can prepare to study and get my insurance license first. I don’t want to book a trip and have that interfere at all.

 

Emerson slept all night last night. Shocker. His sleep habits have been difficult to say the least. Let’s hope we are on the upswing of this now. His behavior has been so unruly lately. Some days, I feel like I can barely handle him. I think the holidays really shook things up and we just need to level off and settle back into our routine. It’ll take a few weeks. Let’s hope that’s all it is. I tell him all of the time that we’re a team. We need to work together, then things can be fun/great all of the time. Mom doesn’t want to yell daily.

 

Alright, that’s about all I have as far as updates are concerned. I hope everyone has a great week!

 

No comments: