Friday, October 30, 2015

Almost fail

Well, baking did not go as planned last night. I had a heck of a time. I ended up just making mummy sugar cookies. Out of a potential 48 cookies, 14 turned out. I’ll take it. There are 10 kids in the class, so that leaves a couple extra for the teachers. The ones that turned out look pretty adorable. I wrapped them all individually too. If the kids take them home, they won’t get messed up during the commute. I’m glad that’s done and over with though. I did enjoy it because I love being crafty, but I’m not much of a baker!

I started and finished Christmas shopping today. My budget was $250.00. I’ve been stashing away pennies for months to cover the cost. I got Emerson a play kitchen, play food, and the gas pump that goes with his car. I got my nephew a subscription for XBOX Live, which is pretty much all he wanted. I got my dad a Pen’s throw rug for his man cave, and a glass percolator that my mom has been dying to buy. I did pretty well. My sisters and I decided to not exchange this year to save some money. My parents bought Em so much stuff, that I didn’t need to go overboard.  I’m glad because I honestly just do not have the money for it this year. It took me forever just to save up what I did have. I’m glad it’s done and over with though. I ordered everything from Walmart, so I got free shipping. I don’t even have to waste my time, or gas to shop! I don’t know why people are up in arms when someone announces they’ve completed their Christmas shopping. Whether you get it done now, or later, who cares. I had the money, I had my list made, so why not? It’s not like I spent thousands, or even left my house. I’ve been researching, and saving for months. It’s not like I’m rolling in the dough either. I think that’s what it is. People see that you’ve completed your shopping and they start feeling sorry about not having the money to get theirs done. Um, it took me FOREVER to save this money. I didn’t just pull it out of my ass, though I wish I could. Things aren’t easy for me at all. They really are not. I am financially strapped and stressed ALL of the time. It’s unbelievable that I don’t have a panic attack every day, but I make it work. I was able to get Em two gifts for Christmas. That isn’t much, but it’s better than nothing. Sorry for being organized and prepared. That’s just how I am.

Tonight is trick-or-treating at the waterfront. I’m excited. The weather is more on the warmer side, and it isn’t supposed to rain either. Em was coughing this morning, so hopefully he’s feeling good to go later. I’m picking him up a little early from daycare, so I can feed him, then get him in costume. My mom is coming with us, so we are going to pick her up too. Alright. I have a meeting! Have a good day, all!

No comments: