Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Our big wreck

Where to even begin. I guess I’ll start with the most recent. Emerson and I were in a car accident on Monday. We had the day off because daycare was closed for President’s Day. We did nothing all day. The roads seemed fine from what I could see out our window. We decided to venture out around 5pm to my sister’s house. The roads were not an issue on our commute over. Afterwards, we went to my parent’s house. Again, I saw no threat of bad roads, or even in climate weather. My dad kept mentioning that the roads were supposed to get icy. Again, I didn’t notice much. It was raining, however the roads were not icy. We ended up leaving their house around 7pm. To get down to the main road to take us back to our house, we had to go down several hills. We had no issues at all. We weren’t slipping, or anything. A couple blocks from their house, we had to go down a really BIG hill. I noticed all the cars in front of us were going so slow. We were going pretty slow too. Maybe 10 mph and I was riding the brake. All of a sudden, every car in front of us started to slide so fast down the hill. I can’t even tell you how panicked I felt. We started to slide. Holy shit. I can’t even tell you guys how quick my stomach dropped. There was nowhere to go either, but into the car in front of us. I saw us sliding right towards them. There was NOTHING I could do. We smashed into the back of the car so hard. Then, we spun all the way around and ended up facing UP the hill. We started sliding backward, so I cut the wheel to wreck us into a hillside. It’s all I could think to do to get us to stop. It worked. Thank God!!!!!!!!!! I was freaking out. I called my dad immediately, but then realized my car was in line to get hit by anyone else coming down the road. All of these cars were flying down the hill. No one knew it was so icy. Cars were sliding left and right. Everyone started beeping their horns to try to alert anyone coming down the hill. A couple guys ran to the top with flashlights to warn drivers coming down. It was scary as hell! I hurried and grabbed Emerson out of his seat, so that we could get the hell away from the car just in case someone hit us. We went down HARD on the pavement and we both hit our heads. My cell phone flew across the road. I could hear my dad screaming through it asking if we were okay. He ended up walking all the way down to the accident with no coat on. It was so slippery. I was afraid he was going to fall. Everyone helped Em and I across the road. We sat in the cop car until the ambulance came. They took us to the hospital to get checked out. My dad stayed back and handled everything with my car. At the hospital, they put a neck brace on Em as a precautionary measure, but it freaked me out. We both checked out fine though. Emerson was completely fine. I am so sore though and bruised. I hit the steering wheel pretty hard during both impacts. I also banged my arm up pretty badly when we fell. I’m sore, but it could be so much worse. I’m glad Emerson is okay. I was so scared. It’s not like I could get in the backseat, or even warn him. He wouldn’t have even understood what I was talking about anyway. My dad was able to get my car out of the ditch/hillside. He said there was minimal damage, which was absolutely surprising to me. He was able to make it down to the hospital after the tow trucks came and salted the roads. He ended up taking us home, then driving my car back to his house. I have an estimate set up for Friday through my insurance company. I just want to see what they say. There is a crack in my front bumper. The grill also looks like it’s broken up a little bit. I hope there isn’t more damage underneath, or to the frame. My deductible is $1,000. Ugh. I really hope it doesn’t cost me anywhere near that. I’ll obviously shop around first. My dad has a friend that restores cars. I also have rental insurance too, so we won’t be without a car during the time that my car is getting fixed. I haven’t been driving though. We’ve been walking to and from daycare, then I’ve been catching the bus from the bus stop across the street of the daycare. It has been pretty icy these past few mornings. I’m just not ready yet. It’s warming up this weekend, so I hope I can put my fear aside. It sucks not driving, but I am so damn scared now.

Outside of that, Emerson learned how to escape the crib over the weekend, which resulted us in getting him a big boy bed. Nap time sucked over the weekend. He just stood at his bedroom door crying. I put a door knob cover over his knob, so he can’t escape. In order to get him to nap, I had to lay down with him. It’s not a habit I want to create. He’s been pretty good at bedtime though (knock on wood). The bed was such a B to put together too. I had one hell of a time. I’m glad it’s done and over with now, but jeez. I definitely want to decorate his room a little bit. Nothing crazy, but getting new bedding, and just getting rid of the crib, and other nursery items would be nice. It’s crazy that he’s in a regular bed now. It happens so quickly. You barely get a transition. I hate change, so you can imagine how difficult it is for me anytime we go through something new.

My income tax refund is supposed to be sent tomorrow. Just in time to pay for car repairs. Yay. Not exactly what I wanted to spend this money on. I need to get my car inspected, and to renew my registration too. Can we please be a little whimsical with this money? That’s all I ask. It’s business all the time. All year round. Just when I think we can have a little bit of fund, and be spontaneous, something happens.

My sister had a house warming party last week. It was really nice. The house looks great. I’m super happy for her. She also bought a car. I set up her car insurance yesterday. She is ready to roll and picks the car up today! She’s using her income tax for good J

Alright, guys. Please have a super, super Wednesday! Be safe while driving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: