Monday, October 17, 2016

I forgot to post this!!

I haven’t updated in forever. Sorry! Emerson had an ophthalmologist appointment on Monday. Don’t worry, his eyes are fine. Both of his therapists thought it would be a great idea to have his eyes checked, so I took their suggestion and made an appointment. Thank God nothing was wrong. Now that we’ve gotten the dentist and ophthalmologist out of the way, he just needs a flu shot, then should be set for the year. I’ll schedule that for an evening one day within the next two weeks. It should be a fairly quick appointment anyway. I have mine scheduled for next week (I think).

 

We haven’t been doing much this week. We have a lot coming up this weekend, so we’ve been laying low. Let’s not even mention the fact that I have $1.84 in my bank account. Luckily, pay day is tomorrow. I had to spend my last dollars on wipes and pull-ups for Emerson, so it’s been a pretty low-key week. Anyway, On Saturday, we’re having our fall party. I’ve put together such cute décor without even spending a penny! I had so many supplies laying around the house, that I haven’t had to buy anything. Tomorrow, I’ll grab the food/drinks, and a few odds and ends, but I’m throwing this entire party for about $120.00. The best part is I know we’ll have tons of leftovers, so in some way, I feel like I’m spending even less because we’ll be eating this food for days! I can’t wait. I’m not even sure what kind of turn-out we’ll have. I honestly don’t even care either. I’ll be happy if 2 or 12 people show up. I know it’ll be a good time, something cute for the kids, but a way for the adults to relax too.  I’d really like to get mostly everything ready on Friday night, so that I can take Emerson up to Giggles and Smiles to tire him out on Saturday. He has been napping so amazing for me lately. He’s been going from about 2pm-5pm without an issue. If he does that on Saturday, I’ll be one happy mom. I can set everything up and get ready for the party uninterrupted. On top of that, he’ll be well-rested to live in up with the other kids.  Cross your fingers that he naps for me on Saturday!

 

On Sunday, my sister and I are taking the kids on a fall trolley tour. They also get to pick a pumpkin and decorate it as well as have snacks. We’re going to make a stop at Sarris Candy afterwards too because it’s only about 10 minutes away from the trolley place. That’ll round out our weekend. I’m really excited! I absolutely love this time of year. Upcoming, we have a Halloween Parade, a hayride to benefit the animal shelter, the library’s Halloween party, a Halloween event at the aviary, daycare’s Halloween party, plus trick-or-treat!  I need to make Emerson’s costumes. I found a yellow tee for $3 for his Charlie Brown costume. I just need some black felt and he needs a black pair of pants to wear with it. I believe the ones we already own are too small. He is also being a lumberjack (we need an axe for that), and Jake from State Farm. I need to grab a red polo, khakis, and make a nametag for him. I know three costumes seem like a lot, but all are so cheap, and he needs to dress up for several events. Wearing the same costume over and over would be boring for me. I am a picture-a-holic, so I want some variety!

 

Our Halloween movie list is coming along great. Below are what we have watched so far, and a review of each:

 

The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown-We’ve watched this at least 10 times and love it

Spookley the Square pumpkin-he had no interest in this

Frankenweenie- LOVED this, but I cried when the dog got hit by a car

Shrek’s Halloween- LOVES this!

The Little Vampire-Eh, I this wasn’t age appropriate for him to watch, so we aren’t going to finish it even though he seemed to like it.

Hotel Transylvania- LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!

Monsters, Inc- He loved this and watched it a few times

Monster’s University-He wasn’t as interested in this as I had hoped

Mickey’s Treat-He watched this twice and liked it!

 

Upcoming:

Celebrate Fall! (it’s a combo of bubble guppies, paw patrol, and blaze)

Garfield Halloween

Hotel Transylvania 2

Toy Story of Terror

Casper

Nightmare before Christmas (we’ll give this a shot)

Dinosaur Train (Halloween adventure)

Mickey’s Monster Musical

Guardians of the galaxy (lots of different holidays in this one)

 

So  many movies, but it has been really fun for me finding different ones for us to watch. Last weekend, I built a tent in the living room and brought the air mattress up for Em to watch Hotel Transylvania. He loved it!  It’s the little things, right? I have a pretty nice list going for Thanksgiving movies, but nothing as extensive as this. We’ll mix in some regular stuff too. This week, we tossed in Madagascar and The Wild. I like saving the Halloween movies for the weekends, but it’s good to toss in some regular ones here and there. You guys probably think I’m making him a t.v. junkie. I’m really not. He watches television for about 10-15 minutes every morning, while I’m running around and for about 1.5 hours every evening, but not even consistently. Yesterday, we played in the yard after work/school. I put the t.v. on, while I cooked dinner, then we watched “The Wild” until bedtime. He usually ignores the t.v. while I’m cooking dinner because he’s busy playing with his toys, so it’s a good balance.  On weekends, I let him watch in the mornings until we head out for the day, then he usually comes home for nap, then I let him watch again at night. It sounds more excessive than it is. We do A LOT and he isn’t home A LOT, so when we are there, I let him do what he wants. I mix in crafts and activities that we do together too, so it’s not all t.v. watching.

 

Anyway, in November, we’re taking a BIG break on excursions. I mean, we’re doing NOTHING. It’s going to be  A LOT of movies, crafts at home, and activities that cost nothing. I need to hunker down for Christmas. I want to make sure that we can participate in a lot of activities, plus I want to be able to buy Emerson the items on my list. He also needs winter clothes, boots, etc.  I just need to discipline myself to handle sitting at home doing nothing. It’s me who gets bored!  I run out of things for us to do and then I’m like “let’s go do something”.

 

Alright, that’s about all I have. I’ll update with pics from the party!

 

 

 

No comments: