Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Our weekend

Our weekend was jam packed, but so much fun. On Friday night, Emerson, my sister, and nephew all headed over to Applefest at Emerson’s daycare. We did crafts and had snacks. Em and the other kids mostly played with the daycare toys, while the parents and older ones crafted, but that was okay. We all had a good time and it was nice to do a free activity on a Friday night. We got home around 7:15pm, so we had a late dinner, watched some t.v., then Em had a bath and bedtime. Afterward, I had to work for a couple of more hours, then I hit the hay around 10pm.

 

On Saturday, we skipped the Home Depot firetruck workshop, but made plans to go roller skating that afternoon instead. We had so much fun! Emerson’s poor cheeks were beat red from working up such a sweat. He played air hockey with my nephew and had a blast. He played a couple of other video games, while we were there too. I also skated, which isn’t something that I’ve done in years. Afterward, Em took a three hour nap. He was exhausted after all of that skating.  After nap was over around 530pm, we hit the grocery store for ingredients to make Halloween ice cream sundaes. I pulled out “The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown” and “Frankenweenie” for us to watch. Em loved both! He didn’t move a muscle while “Frankenweenie” was on.  Afterward, he got a bath, then bedtime. More work for this mama followed though, then I hit the hay around 10.

 

On Sunday morning, Emerson slept in longer than usual. I think he slept until about 8:30am! We had plans to go to the pumpkin patch that day, so I wasn’t complaining. It meant I got to sleep in too. We left the house in our matching flannel shirts around 11am to pick up my sister and nephew. We got to the farm around 11:45am. There were no lines! I was shocked. We walked in and immediately hopped on the hayride, which looped us all around the farm and dumped us in a giant pumpkin patch. After the hayride, we saw all of the animals, did a haunted house, let the kids jump in the bounce houses, go down a couple of huge, tube slides, did a corn maze, then finished up at the barn where there were tons of tractors for the kids to play on. It was a really nice day. Muddy, but nice! Afterward, we took the kids to Burger King for lunch and let them play in the play place. Em napped for three hours once we got home. Last night, we just had dinner, bath, then snack. Nothing fancy. We watched “The Peanuts Movie” again. It has to go back to the library today, but I’ll re-rent it tomorrow.I have a ton of Halloween shows and movies on our list. We’re going to watch as many as we can this month. Next up is Monsters, Inc. and Hotel Transylvania.

 

Tomorrow, Em has a dentist appointment, then soccer on Wednesday. I have parent-teacher conferences on Friday night after work. My sister is going to keep Emerson, so I can attend myself. This upcoming weekend, we’re heading to a creamery that churns its own ice cream. They have an awesome deal for $8.50. Everyone gets a pumpkin, ice cream, and a hayride. They also have a small petting zoo, and tube slide for the kids. We’re skipping the hayride though. We’ve already done two this year and that one is 30 minutes long, which I think is ridiculous, especially for having nothing to look at during the ride.  That’s about all we have on the list. If we get bored on Sunday, I’ll take Em up to the mall play place. I want to spend as little as possible.

 

Alright, that’s about all I have for now. Have a great week, all!

No comments: