Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Our party was great!

Our party was amazing! It went better than I had expected and we had quite the turnout. I think we ended up with a total of 20 people. That’s including myself and Emerson.  The kids had such a blast too! The hot chocolate bar was a hit! Pumpkin decorating went well too. These kids were so creative and came up with some amazing ideas. I’m so overjoyed at how it all turned out. My decorations were beautiful. I’ll post some photos below. Hopefully they actually post. I’ve been having an issue with that lately.  Anyway, I am definitely going to make this a yearly party because it went so well! The kids really enjoyed themselves and the parents did too. I will call it a success!

 

Yesterday, my sister and I took the boys to the Pittsburgh Trolley Museum. It was adorable. They had an entire lego town set up with a track going around it. They also had a mini trolley outside that the kids could get in, ring the bell,  and fake drive. We also saw some HUGE trains before hopping on the trolley. The trolley took us up to a big field that had tons of games set up and a pumpkin patch. The kids loved all of the games they had set up. It was pretty cute. Afterwards, we got back onto the trolley, then headed to the event’s room for snacks, refreshments, and to decorate our pumpkins. They had a train table set up for the little ones to play with. Em loved that. When we were done at the trolley museum, we headed up to the Sarris Candy factory. We had some ice cream and looked around for a bit. it was a really nice day. We were gone for about 6 hours. By the time we got home, Em and I were both exhausted. I made a quick dinner, then we watched a couple of Halloween DVDs that I rented. We got through Hotel Transylvania 2,  Garfield’s Halloween, Toy Story tower of terror, celebrate fall, and Shrek’s thrilling tales. I’m going to return all of these tomorrow, then pick up our next round.

 

Upcoming we have:

 

Curious George Halloween

Dinosaur Train Halloween

Guardians of the Galaxy

Bearenstein Bears Halloween

Mickey Monster Musical

Nightmare Before Christmas

 

We will see how these go. This week, it’s going to be 80 degrees every day. Insane! It makes me want to fill Em’s pool up to get in one last swim, but I know that sounds crazy. We’re laying low because this weekend, we have a Halloween parade and a Hayride to support our local animal shelter. I need to get to work on Emerson’s costumes.  I have nothing ready yet. EEK! Luckily, it won’t take me too long to put them together. He is being Charlie Brown, Jake from state farm, and a Lumber Jack. We have several events to attend that require costumes, which is why he has three. The nice thing is he can re-wear all of the clothing for each costume outside of the Charlie brown tee that I’m making. The nice thing is everything this upcoming weekend is free. We can let our pockets rest a bit!

 

Alright, all. that’s all I have. Have a great week!

No comments: