Monday, April 18, 2016

Our fun weekend

Hey guys. I wanted to update real quick since I’m going to be super busy today and probably all week. Anyway, I had the day off on Thursday because I had to go to arbitration for something. When it’s all said and done, I’ll fill in the gaps. It turns out that the arbitration was postponed until June 21st, but I hadn’t received notification prior to the meeting. The entire day wasn’t a waste though. I was able to discuss some things that’ll probably be beneficial at the actual arbitration. When I was done, my mom and I went to brunch for her birthday. Can we talk about the fact that my mom is only 52? My dad will be 56 in December. Even still, they’re both so young. I’m going to be so old once Emerson grows up. I think having babies young is the way to go. That way when they are all grown, you’re still young enough to enjoy life. I’ll probably be in a walker at Emerson’s high school graduation. Okay, I’m over exaggerating a bit, but my mom was only 38 when I graduated high school! I will be 49 when Emerson reaches that milestone. CRAZY! Anyway, after my mom and I were done, I had a few hours to kill, so I went to the mall, then went to pick Emerson up. We went to my parent’s house for dinner, cake, and presents. I think my mom had a good 52nd birthday. Well, at least I hope she did.

Friday, I was back in the office. It was pretty busy because I had to get caught up from the prior day. I didn’t go to the gym because I thought I’d be too busy to actually step away from my desk. I was right in that assumption. I hope this week isn’t crazy. I’ll take the usual pain and misery. Just kidding!

Saturday was fantastic! Emerson and I went over to the guy’s house that I wrote about previously. We had so much fun playing with his kids and hanging out. It was so hot out! Finally! Hopefully this weather is here to stay. I’m so sick and tired of swapping between summer and winter clothes. Anyway, we ended up staying at his house that night. I was extremely shocked that Emerson went to sleep and stayed down the entire night. I definitely do not give that boy enough credit. He was so burnt out from being in the sun all day and playing. I’m sure that helped. I must say, I’m in absolute shock that this is all still going on. We all know I have the absolute worst luck when it  comes to dating. I’m waiting for the other shoe to drop. I hate being that pessimistic about it, but I hate being caught off guard even more. Nothing is worse than being excited about someone and then BOOM! Egg on your face. That’s happened to me on numerous occasions, which is why I hardly ever talk about anyone that I’m seeing until after it’s over. Obviously I’ve strayed from the plan this time. I hope I don’t end up regretting it though. Emerson really likes him  A LOT! On the flip side, I really like his kids too. It’s nice when that happens. The kids seem to like each other too, which is majorly important to me. Cross your fingers and toes! I’m just ready to catch a freaking break this time. It seems like everyone always meets these amazing people, but it NEVER happens to me! Can it be my turn this time?

This week, we don’t have much planned. The early intervention lady is coming over at 10am on Saturday morning. she said the visit shouldn’t be longer than an hour, which works for me. It won’t completely ruin our entire Saturday. Hopefully the weather is nice and we can do something during the day. I still need to figure out what the hell to do about my grass. I’d prefer to just cut it myself all summer because it’ll be cheaper, but it definitely needs cut NOW. I just texted my cousin to ask him if he’d come over to cut it. The only problem with that is he can be a bit flakey. He works with my dad sometimes and I think they might be on the outs right now. I can’t keep up with either of them. I don’t want to piss my dad off, but I do need my grass cut! We are now THAT LAWN in the neighborhood. On top of that, it isn’t fun playing in a yard that has grass over a foot high.  I had A LOT of offers from people to come over to cut my grass too, BUT I just don’t trust half the people. It’s mainly dudes that are always trying to get on me and I definitely DO NOT want these people to know where I live. I’m not quite that desperate yet. I’d ask the lawn company that did it last year, BUT I don’t want to be in contract with them again and I don’t know how they’d feel about a one time job. I liked them a lot and they were fast, consistent, and did good work, but they used to come over kind of late. That bothered me. I’m bathing Emerson and putting him to bed around 730-745. To me, that’s too late to be coming over to cut my grass. They also let my dog out one time. That scared me. I guess I still have time to decide though. I absolutely HATE having to deal with this though. It’s the biggest gripe of the weather getting warm. When I pay someone, I only pay on a bi-weekly basis, so sometimes the grass is so long for almost a week before it gets cut again. I HATE THAT! I want it to be short and have the flexibility to cut it as often as needed. Adulting is ridiculous sometimes.

Yesterday, my sister and I took the kids to the park and to get ice cream. When I showed up to meet her at my parent’s house, she had a big surprise. She cut all of her hair off! It looks AMAZING! She has such amazing hair because she’s never damaged it with hair dye like I have. It was so long and thick. Now, it just grazes her shoulders. It looks great though! She is loving her new job that she started about 3 weeks ago. She’s working at a debt consolidation company. I’m glad things are going well for her. My nephew will be leaving for California in two months. She’s starting to dread it already, but first we get to throw in the craziest glow in the dark birthday party, which we’re having on April 30th. He’s going to be 12! I originally saw the idea on Pinterest and though it would be a super cool idea. Since he’s getting older, it’s harder to find good themes that are age appropriate.  This should be a hit though. My sister got tons of glow sticks, glow in the dark paint, etc. Hopefully it all comes together when we try to decorate and black out her dining room. It’s all good in our heads, but we all know how that is when you actually try to execute it. Hopefully it isn’t a #pinterestfail.

I expect to be extremely crabby for the next few days. Birthday slimdown is in full effect. Decreasing my calories a couple of days a week intermixed with some carb cycling means I am going to be a psychopath. I do not look forward to feeling like that, but it’s a necessary evil. The first few days are always the hardest. I’ve had my fun, but it’s time to get serious now because there is no way in heck I am wearing a bikini public, or turning 33 looking this out of shape! Last year at this time, I weighed 102lbs!!!!!!!!!!!! I weighed myself yesterday and I was at 118. Granted, I know 102 was DISGUSTING on me. I am well aware, but I’m not entirely comfortable where I am right now either. I’d like to sit somewhere around the 110-112lb mark. It’s nice because I don’t have much to lose before I actually reach goal. It shouldn’t take me more than 3 weeks if I’m really disciplined, I stick to my calories, and I drop 2lbs a week. I don’t really care about lbs either. I just need to get my body fat percentage down to even have a chance at my abs coming back through. To do that, I have to lean up, which means I need to drop some weight. It’s so hard to care in the winter though. I mean, I CARE. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a major priority, but I don’t care enough to make sure I look good in swimwear. That’s what sweatshirts are for. LOL It’ll be easier to stay motivated because I know it’ll actually matter now. I won’t be able to hide under hoodies and jeans unless I want to roast my butt off.

I bought a potty chair for Emerson last week. Oy. I sort of dabbled in it, but I don’t know that he’s ready. He’s more interested in messing around with it than using it. I feel like his speech needs to come through more before I really try. That seems to be the big disconnect. He’s talking a lot more and saying more things, so I don’t think it’ll be long, but I do think it might be a little soon to start. I am so sick of diapers though! I hope it isn’t a major pain to potty train him, though I’ve already prepared myself for the long haul.

Alright, that’s all I have for now. I’m sorry I’m not more interesting! I hope you guys all have a fabulous week!

Xoxo

Ashley

No comments: