Thursday, September 22, 2016

Whew

Soccer was just as crazy last night, but better in a sense. I wasn’t so burnt out by him, so I was ready to battle, and boy, did I battle! He was flopping onto the grass, throwing himself down, and running off like a mad little person in between drills. All of the kids were being pretty crazy though, so I didn’t feel as bad. He did well with the activities Coach Matt (same coach as Saturday sessions) set up, so that made me happy. We have five more weeks to get through. I hope through all of this craziness, he’s learning something and retains anything that his coach is teaching him.  I was proud of him though for sticking through the entire thing even after having to be given a few time-outs for being overly disruptive. He was so hot and tired by the time we left the field. I loaded him up with snacks and water for the drive home. We didn’t get home that much later. It was 6pm when we rolled in the door. I made a quick dinner, we ate, hung out, then Em had bath, and bedtime around 7:30pm. He was beat and so was I. I ended up heading up to bed around 9pm.  The best part is we’re done for the week. We don’t have to interrupt our weekend now with soccer craziness. I should have done this from the get go. Lesson learned!

 

Tonight, my nephew has his very first school dance, so we’re going to head over after I pick Emerson up from daycare. How crazy is that? I can’t believe he’s in 7th grade. Where the heck has the time gone? I suppose I’ll be saying that about Emerson before I know it. I’m sure he’ll wonder why we’re making such a big deal over this, but it’s a pretty big milestone in my eyes. His first dance! I asked him if he had a date and he laughed at me. I’m going to take that as a “No”, but I’m sure he’s scoping someone out. He is at that age. Too funny.

 

This Saturday, we’re heading over to “Truck Day” in a neighboring community. Emerson loves trucks of all kinds, so I thought that would be cute. I’m not sure what they’ll all have, but it’s something to do that we can swing by and check out. Other than that, we don’t have much planned. I want to lay low for a while, so that I can save every last penny for us to be able to do a lot of fall stuff. There is also a fall fest on Saturday that I’d like to go to.  It only runs 11-3pm and isn’t located anywhere near Truck day, so I don’t know that we’ll even get to do both. I guess we’ll see how truck day pans out first. If we aren’t there very long, we can always head over to the fall fest for a bit.

 

That’s about it for the weekend. Nothing too exciting, but I’m okay with that! Have a super day, all!

 

No comments: