Monday, September 26, 2016

Our weekend

The weekend was so nice. On Friday night, we didn’t do much. My mom had to pick Em up from daycare for me because that’s my late day at work. We hung at my parent’s for a bit, then headed home. They fed Em dinner, so I didn’t even need to cook. We watched some of “The Peanuts Movie”, had a snack, then Em had bath, then bed. I was tired, so went up to bed around 9pm.

 

On Saturday morning, I went on a major cleaning spree. I moved all of the toys from the living room up into Em’s bedroom. I never let him play in his room before. That room was just for sleep purposes even though I did decorate it cute. I decided to just go for it. I was deathly afraid that it would ruin his bed and nap time because he’d know all of those toys were in there and he’d get up to play. That held true on Saturday afternoon and at bedtime last night. I was firm with him though, and he went to sleep. It’s amazing not having all of those toys littering my living room. We have two totes downstairs and the trampoline. That’s it. It feels so much less cluttered, which makes me happy. I think Em likes the option of having more spaces to play in too.  I think it kept him from getting too bored in the house too. The morning flew by. 

 

In the afternoon, we headed out to a fall fest, which was an hour north of our house. We had such a great time. Em played in the hay maze, we did a hay ride, and we also got to hang with a ton of animals in the petting zoo. Everything was FREE, which made it even better. The weather was absolutely gorgeous too. We didn’t get home until almost 4pm. Em had no nap, so he was pretty cranky. I tried  to lay him down, but he wasn’t having it. We ended up having an early dinner. Afterwards, I made popcorn and hot chocolate to have while we watched “The Peanuts Movie”.  I let Em stay up a little later than usual.

 

Sunday was a lazy day for us. Lots of movies, yard time, and toy time. We did venture out to visit my parents and sister after nap, but that was the extent of it. Spending $0 all weekend was great though. We need a lot more of days like that. Unfortunately, we have a ton of things planned for fall. This upcoming week, we have soccer on Wednesday, Applefest at daycare on Friday, then we’re doing the pumpkin patch this weekend. Not too bad, but the pumpkin patch is $13 for me to get in and $8 for Em. I’m sure we’ll end up purchasing a snack while we’re there too. I’ll guestimate about $30.00 will be spent at the farm.

 

Em and I both have colds right now and it sucks. He has a runny/stuffy nose and a couch. I have a sore throat and achiness. I’m hoping it’s just from the weather change and nothing too serious. Both of us have flu shots coming up, but I’m considering skipping. I feel like we get sick right after we get them anyway. I’m not sure if I should risk not getting it though. Either way, I feel like we’re going to get something regardless. I’ll need to think about this some more.

 

Alright, I hope you all have a fabulous week!

No comments: