Monday, March 21, 2016

So much going on!


Tomorrow is the big day. I’m having my IUD removed! My appointment is at 9am. I’m not that nervous about it right now, but I’m sure I will be tomorrow. I hope there isn’t anything wrong and she can literally just pull it out. I think it’ll be okay though. They said I can immediately switch to birth control pills the same day. I’m sure I’ll have some side effects once it’s out, but I’m hoping it’ll be a short-term thing and I can be on the road to feeling normal again. I cannot wait for it to go through! I’m wondering how my weight will be affected once it’s gone. I read a lot that people have had a really difficult time losing weight, but when it came out, they started to drop the pounds. I’ve noticed that I do have a harder time dropping pounds lately. I work out every day and eat clean, so really, I shouldn’t have that hard of a time leaning up. Ever since I started having problems with my IUD, I’ve noticed that I’ve put weight on a lot easier, and it’s certainly harder to come off. I’m weight training now, so it doesn’t bother me so much, but at a point I will want to lean out more. I know it’ll tick me off if I’m doing all of this with no results. I hope once this thing goes, my body can normalize better and that won’t be an issue.

We had a great weekend. On Friday night, we decided to go to dinner with my sister. Afterwards, we all headed to the mall. We shopped around a bit, then let Emerson play in the play place. He had a good time. Afterwards, we took my sister home, then headed home for bath, then bed.  On Saturday, we woke up early and headed to an Easter Egg hunt. It was so cold out, but Em had a good time, and he got a lot of eggs. Afterwards, we got breakfast, then hung at my sister’s house for most of the day. Em napped when we got home, then we ran to the store to get stuff for dinner. I set up some Easter activities for him, while I cooked. He painted Easter Eggs, then I set up plastic eggs in a giant bin with some water. He loved that. On Sunday, my parents came over around noon to visit. We ran some errands afterwards, then headed to my parent’s house that night. We ended up going to Rita’s to get our Italian Ice. It was free because it was the first day of spring! That was about it. It was a good weekend. Nothing too crazy, but also enough to keep us busy. You know me. I cleaned the house 50 times, did laundry, etc. The usual. I worked out on Saturday, and Sunday night.

I bought Emerson a tablet for Easter. I can’t even believe I did that. I am usually very against blowing holidays up like that. Not every holiday has to be treated like Christmas, but I did it anyway. I think it’ll be good for him. He hasn’t really been exposed to too much technology yet. I mean, the kid is only 2. He needs to be 2 and not have his face stuffed in a phone, or a tablet, but I think it’s fine if it’s monitored. I won’t let him play with it for 7 hours a day, but here and there will be okay, in the car, and to distract him if we’re in a restaurant. It makes me sad when I see these young kids with their faces shoved into tablets for hours on end. I definitely do not want Emerson to be like that. I get that sometimes it’s just easier to hand it to them, but we’ve been fine without one, so obviously it isn’t a necessity, and there are other methods of distraction. It’ll be a great learning tool, so I’m excited about that aspect of it. I’m going to preload it before I put it into his Easter basket, so I won’t have to go through all of that fuss. My parents ended up buying him pretty much the same candy I got him. (M&Ms). They also got some big Easter cookies from Bethel Bakery for the kiddos. We’re dying Eggs on Friday night after we have dinner there for Good Friday. I also plan on doing a giant Egg hunt for Emerson on Easter morning. Hopefully the dog doesn’t get to the eggs before he does. I also hope the weather is nice. Winter came back this past weekend. Snow and all. Ugh. That’s about all we have planned for this week. We are off of school and work on Friday, so I was thinking of taking Emerson to the trampoline park in the morning, or something. I think all of those places might be crazy that day because school is closed. Sea base would even be fun, or giggles and smiles. I guess I can decide later what to do that day. If it’s nice out though, we can just go to the park.

I got Emerson’s school pictures back today! They turned out so cute. He always does a really nice job with sitting and smiling for the photographer. I’m glad because he definitely doesn’t do that for me anymore! It’s very rare that I can actually get a good picture of him. Anyway, I was really happy with the way the picture turned out. The kid is a cute. That’s for sure.

Okay, one last thing. I have a date tomorrow. Gah. I feel like I shouldn’t even talk about this until I know how it goes to avoid jinxing it, but whatever. We’re just going to happy hour. I don’t really drink at all, so this should be interesting. I guess I’ll just sip super slowly. My sister is picking Emerson up from daycare for me. This way, I will be home without disrupting bath, and bedtime too much. The good thing is this person has two kiddos, so he completely understands how it is. I will let you guys know how it goes!!

Alright. Lots to do today. Have a great week!

No comments: