Thursday, June 16, 2016

F this week


This week is shaping up to be absolutely insane. My sister’s car is completely done. The frame is broken, therefore she is getting a new car today. I’m excited and happy for her. She deserves it. I know she’s nervous about payment, but she has a great job and I know she will make it work. She has been without a vehicle for two weeks. She’s driving my mom’s car and my mom has had my car since Monday. Emerson and I can walk to daycare and the bus, so that isn’t a big deal. I am working until 5pm daily for the week, therefore my sister/mom have to pick Emerson up from daycare for me. It just gets CRAZY from there. I’ve been taking the bus to a different park n ride, which means I’m on the bus up to 30 minutes longer than my usual 45. On top of that, the bus has continually been 20 minute late, so I’m getting home even later. At the point that I get to the park n ride, someone has to pick me up and then take Emerson and I all the way home. It is just crazy. We didn’t get home last night until 8pm! I got on the bus at freaking 520pm. It is just exhausting. Work is killing me, but then the additional travel time isn’t making it any easier either. I’m happy to help out. It just sucks that I have to work late this week and that the bus isn’t reliable at all. This week has basically been a wash because we get home so darn late. I rush to feed Em, bathe him, then get both of us to bed. Last night, I had to do laundry, clean, pack lunch, and take the garbage out too. I went to bed at 915pm though. I was wiped!

I have three more days of this messed up work schedule though and I can’t wait to be done with it. I typically leave work at 405pm. It’s insane how much the bus differs from one hour. It makes sense. I’m sure traffic is 3 times worse at 5pm as opposed to 4pm. I will not miss having to do this. If the bus were on time, I’d be able to get dropped off at daycare to pick Em up. We could walk home. That’s not the case. Daycare closes at 6pm.  I’m not even close to making it on time. I appreciate the help this week. It wasn’t without struggle though. I tried picking him up on my own on Monday, but once the bus was late, that was it. I had to call my mom in for reinforcements. Insane. I am basically sick of working 7am-5pm this week and cannot wait to go back to my regularly scheduled program of 8 hours with a 45 minute lunch. Okay, enough about that. The overtime will be worth it, so I should just shut up right now, but DANNNNG!!!!!!!!

On Friday, we’re supposed to go to dinner as a family to send my nephew off to California. He is leaving on Monday to go with his dad for 5 weeks. We’re also taking the kids to the new spray park that was put in my parent’s neighborhood. I don’t know how it’ll be. I half wonder if it’s going to be super ghetto, or end up being ghetto because people don’t know how to keep anything nice where they live. I hope I’m wrong. We’ll go down there for a bit though to check it out. It looks extremely nice. On Sunday, we’re taking a picnic to the lake for Father’s Day. I am so excited! I’m hoping it’s nice weather. I haven’t even checked yet. That’s all that we have on tap this weekend. My nephew will have a nice weekend with us before he has to leave. We planned tons of things for when he comes back too.

Our grass was cut yesterday and my dad came over to cut all of the bushes/trees that were getting long. It looks so nice. We have nothing going on next week, so I’ll clean the pool up, so that Emerson can swim after work. I love when our yard gets freshly cut. It makes me want to be out there even more.

We have so much stuff coming up though. I’ve strategically planned our summer out, so that we get to do a little bit of everything. We’re doing Sandcastle (waterpark) and Living treasure animal park towards the end of the month. I’m so excited. We’ll toss in a couple of trips to the spray park too. I took off a Friday and a Monday, so I planned some good activities for us to do during our mini vacation. Because we’re getting Sandcastle passes, we’ll be going there A LOT. Emerson really enjoyed it last year, so I hope it’s more of the same this year. I plan on at least going once a week. Let’s hope he doesn’t get sick of it by the end of summer. They have so many kiddie pools and water areas that he should be occupied enough. When we take our mini vacation, I’ve actually planned for us to go twice that weekend. The nice thing is we don’t have to go for the entire day to feel like I got my money’s worth. We can go for a few hours and call it a day.

I can’t wait to take an actual vacation though. We plan on taking the kids to the beach next year. We’re just going to do a mini vacation of 4 days. I think that’ll be sufficient enough. We’ll see how it goes and then determine where to go and what to do after that. I still want to be able to do all the waterparks, amusement parks, zoo, etc around our city, so saving money by taking a mini vacation sounds like a good plan to me. We have so much to do around here that if you plan accordingly, it is pretty affordable. We’ve been spending no money at all. No eating out, no coffee for mom, nothing. Nothing additional outside of the necessities.

Alright, I have to get rolling here.

No comments: