Wednesday, June 22, 2016

This is 2 days old

We had an amazing weekend. On Friday, my sister picked Emerson up from daycare for me and took him over to Luciano’s where my family was for my nephew’s going away dinner. I met everyone there once I was done with work. It was delicious! Emerson sat so well at the restaurant even though it took us awhile to get our food. He barely touched his pizza, but when we got home, I offered him some leftovers and he scarfed it down.

On Saturday, we woke up early and got all of our errands done. Then, we met my sister and nephew at the spray park. Wow, it was adorable! Emerson was a bit gun shy at first. The water was cold, so it was pretty understandable that he didn’t want to immediately run in. Once he got wet and warmed up some, he was all over the place. We were there for about 1.5 hours. Afterwards, we visited my parents, then headed home. Emerson took a nap, while I fired up the grill, and filled up his pool. We played in the yard for the remainder of the day.

Sunday was father’s day as you all know. We woke up early, ran some last minute errands, put my dad’s gift together, then headed to my parent’s for a full day at the lake. We are all burnt, but it was totally worth it and so much fun. Dad loved all of his gifts. We all had such a great day. We brought a big picnic, all of our rafts, sand toys, and a tent to cover our picnic table. It was absolutely perfect. We spent 5 hours on the lake. Em loved it after he got used to the squishy sand in the water. At first, he kept whining and crying to be picked up. I’d pick him up, then he’d want right back down again. It was driving me insane! Eventually, he was fine. He swam in the water with his floaties and in his shark raft. Everyone took turns taking him around, which was nice for me. I got a bit of a break too. The whining was in full force though. I think it was because he had missed his nap and was tired. It honestly was driving me nuts, so by the end of the day, I was ready to go home. Kids! Afterwards, we went to my parent’s house for a bit.  Em was exhausted and snoozed in the car on the way home. He lounged on my parent’s couch watching cartoons for an hour when we got home. His poor face is so red even though I constantly lathered him up in sunscreen.

This week, we’re playing it pretty low-key. I’m so happy to be back to my regular work schedule. We got our sandcastle waterpark passes, so we’re planning a trip for Saturday and Monday. On Sunday, we’re heading down to the water steps, which should be a good time. It’s also free. We’re off on Friday and Monday, so on Friday, we’re just swimming at my parent’s house. I’ll probably take Emerson to the spray park again too. It’ll be an eventful weekend. I’m trying to balance and do enough without spending so much money. Going to Sandcastle twice this week will already pay for the pass itself. The pass was $50.00. One time entry into the park is $34.99, so we’re already getting our money’s worth. It’s crazy how much we’ve already done this summer and it barely just started. We still have so much on our summer bucket list to do.

Alright, I hope all of you fathers out there who actually see and take care of your children had a wonder father’s day. You deserve it!

No comments: