Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Christmas Photos!

I suck anymore at updating. I’m sorry, guys! This past weekend, I did our Christmas photos. They came out so cute! I made my own set and everything. I also took photos for my sister and nephew. I’m so surprised at how well they came out. You’ll see pictures below. These are probably the best photos I’ve taken so far with incorporating my own set. Em did pretty well. You know how it is with a 2 year old. You get more candids, than anything, but those tend to be my favorite. On Sunday, we had my cousin take some photos of us. I can’t wait to get those back. I don’t know how those came out yet, but I’m anxious to see. We just went to a local park to have some taken. Em and I hardly have any photos outside of selfies together, so hopefully we got some decent shots!

 

I actually ventured out on Friday night with my friends. I dropped Emerson off at my sister’s house around 745pm. She gave him a snack, bath, then put him to bed by 9pm. I was shocked that he actually went to sleep for her. We have never attempted that at all. I ended up staying out until midnight. To be honest, I didn’t have that great of a time. It felt kind of boring to me. I’m just such a different person these days. I don’t really enjoy the bar setting at all.  The next time I go out, I’ll really consider the plans to make it worth it. Anyway, I slept on her couch. Em woke up around 6:40am. I heard him open her bedroom door, then close it. She slept in her son’s room, so he wasn’t disturbed at all. I tried laying back down with him, but he wasn’t having it.  We ended up waking my nephew and sister up around 7, grabbing breakfast, and hanging out for the morning. It was actually really nice. I was so worried that the dog would have an accident, but when we got home, it was fine. She held it the entire time from 8pm-9am. She is usually good all day when I’m at work, but wasn’t sure how it would be overnight. We’ve never left her like that before either. I was prepared for the worst. Bullet dodged.

 

This upcoming week, we have a lot planned. My best friend is visiting with her 2 year old from Arizona. If you remember, they moved last September. Anyway, they will be home for a week. We plan on seeing them a couple of times, which will be nice. Emerson and I took the day off on Friday. It’s light up night in the city, so we’re venturing down with my sister and nephew. I know it’ll be crazy, but I’m hoping we still have a lot of fun even with a large crowd. It’ll be a really nice way to kick off the holiday season. On Saturday, we have no plans at all. I think I’ll keep it that way too. I definitely am on the broker side of things right now, so spending any money is not an option. Sunday, we’re doing another light up night in another area with my friend who is in from AZ, her sisters, my sister and nephew, and another friend of ours. It should be a good time. 

 

I can’t believe Thanksgiving is next week! My best friend and her son are coming over on Wednesday night for a play date. Thursday, we’ll venture to my parent’s house for dinner. Friday, we’re going to the amusement park (Kennywood) for their Christmas light display.  Saturday, we’re having a Friendsgiving dinner, which I’m so excited for! I need to start making some décor for dinner. The host’s duty includes the turkey, ice, and beautiful décor. My sister is handling the turkey, so I need to uphold my end of the bargain.  By the time next Sunday rolls around, we’re going to be wiped!

 

I finished Christmas shopping for Emerson. I only bought him three things. I got him a train table, a light up race track, and this awesome, little people car ramp that stands about 2ft high.  I know he will love everything, so I’m not concerned that I didn’t get him 20 gifts. I want to put movie tickets in his stocking along with a new spin brush, a bath toy, and soap. I am getting my nephew’s gift this week. I already purchased my mom’s gift. We’re getting my dad’s gift on Cyber Monday. That just leaves my sister, which I already have an idea for that. This year went by so quickly. I can’t believe it’s the holidays.

 

Alright, that’s about all I have for now. I’m so interesting…NOT.

No comments: