Friday, November 11, 2016

Our weekend

This weekend was so nice. On Saturday, I took Emerson to The Pittsburgh Toy Lending Library. It’s a large space filled with every toy imaginable. Tons of ride on cars and scooters, climbers, slides, trampolines, play houses, puzzles, trucks, trains, etc.  We were there for about 2 hours. He loved it. Our first visit was free too, so we didn’t have to pay anything.  Afterwards, we picked up soup and sandwiches and took it over to my sister’s house for lunch. We stayed there for a few hours. It was nice just hanging out. When we got home, Emerson took a 2 hour nap, while the dog and I sat in the yard. The weather was gorgeous. 65 degrees and sunny! I love it and I do not look forward to the day when this ends.

 

On Saturday night, we watched “The Good Dinosaur”. I wasn’t a fan. Too morbid for this mama.  The entire movie was just way too intense. There were more sad moments, than happy. I just do not enjoy movies like that. Em seemed to like it, but then again, I’m sure he didn’t understand the full content of what was going down.

 

Sunday was a bit rough. Daylight savings always screws me up. Em slept in until 918am, but it was really 818am with the time change. We hung in our pjs for most of the day. We ended up heading out around noon to meet up with my sister. We took Emerson bike riding. Well, we tried at least. He still hasn’t gotten the hang of it, but I’m confident with some practice, he will be riding in no time. Afterwards, we played at the park, then took Em for ice cream. Again, the weather was too gorgeous not to.  Em ended up taking a late nap when we got home. We just hung at home the rest of the night. He did wake up around 1am and would not go back to sleep until around 230am. I was NOT happy about that. I have no idea what was going on, but I hope that was just a fluke. Mom doesn’t play those games!

 

This week, we aren’t doing anything. A lot of lounging at home.  This weekend, we’re playing it pretty low-ley as well. I want to get the Christmas pictures done at some point, so I need to get busy on putting together our photo shoot set. Let’s hope it comes out nicely. I’m thinking we’ll be able to do it on Sunday. I’ll get the supplies on Friday and start working on it throughout Saturday and Saturday night. On Friday night, I’m going out with some friends. My sister is going to keep Emerson at her house. I’ll head there afterwards. If she can get him to bed, then we’ll just sleep over there. If not, then we’ll go home and I’ll put him to bed at home.

 

I’m buying Emerson, my nephew, and my mom Christmas presents this weekend. We’re scaling back so much, but even still, I feel like I can barely afford this. I’d rather do stuff over buying gifts. Emerson is just getting a few things from me. I’d rather be able to pay for us to go out and do stuff over him having more toys at home. He already has so many toys that he isn’t even playing with. I got him the train table, a race track/car set, and I’m getting him an airplane play set that I know he’ll love. I’d like to get him some puzzles, and movie tickets for his stocking. We’ll see how things fall over though.

 

Alright, that’s all I have for today. Happy Monday, all!

 

 

 

No comments: