Tuesday, November 1, 2016

The last of our fall fun

We have been busy little bees these last few days. Friday, my sister had to pick  Emerson up from school for me because I had to work in town until 5. No joke, I was stuck in traffic for TWO hours. It was agonizing! Needless to say, Em and I didn’t get home until 8pm! I let him stay up a little later because we had not spent any time together at all that day. On Saturday, we had BIG plans. My sister, nephew, Emerson went to an awesome farm to play, see the animals, then have lunch. This farm was unreal! They had bales of hay stacked up so high with tube slides that connected. They also concocted tunnels within the bales of hay too. The kids loved it! The bales of hay were probably 10-12ft high. They were so big that Em couldn’t even crawl up them. We had to lift him up. My nephew was a big help with that. We had such a good time. I fed a goats with a baby bottle. Wow, they went nuts! Emerson got to see all of the animals, hugged a goat, and snuggled with a piglet. It was adorable. He also took his first pony ride! He loved it! After we let the kids play and we saw all of the animals, we all went inside for lunch. The boys had chocolate milk, which is milked, and made special on the farm. It was pretty tasty. Emerson actually sat and ate nicely at the table with us, which was shocking. We haven’t done a restaurant in a long time because he is usually just too rowdy. I refuse to aggravate myself more than I have to either, so we hardly eat out unless it’s at Burger King in the play place. On the way home, Emerson fell asleep. We took my sister’s car, so I ended up just taking her car home in hopes that I could just take Em inside, lay him down, and let him nap longer. That didn’t happen. He woke up 32 seconds before we pulled up to our house. That evening, I dressed Emerson up in his fire fighter costume and met my sister at our local hardware store. They posted a facebook event indicating in-store trick-or-treating. When we got there, they told us that it was actually on Halloween night. Ugh! We were so annoyed. I dressed Emerson up for nothing. We headed to my parent’s house afterward to hang for a bit. My mom had a Halloween themed baby shower at her house that day, so we showed up at the tail end.

 

On Sunday, we had no plans at all and stayed home all day, which is not typical for us. The sun was shining and it was about 70+ degrees, so we played in the yard for two hours. Em napped around 2pm until just before 5pm. While he napped, I set up an entire Halloween-themed carnival for him. It was adorable! He did a candy toss, Pin the eyes on the jack-o-lantern, and I drew ghosts on cups for him to knock over with pumpkins. It was so cute! He loved it. We watched our last Halloween movie that night: The dog who saved Halloween. I’m really happy that we’re all done with Halloween movies. I was burnt out there at the end.

 

Here is the full list of what we watched this last month for Halloween:

 

 

Halloween Movies:

Spooky Buddies

Bearenstein bears Halloween

The Dog Who Saved Halloween

Curious George Halloween

Dinosaur Train Halloween

Mickey’s Monster Musical

Nightmare Before Christmas

Shrek 3

The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

Spookley the Square Pumpkin

Frankenweenie

Shrek’s Halloween

The Little Vampire

Hotel Transylvania

Hotel Transylvania 2

Monsters Inc

Monsters University

Mickey’s Treat

Celebrate Fall

Garfield’s Halloween

Toy Story of Terror

Casper

 

Here is a list of all of the fall activities we did in the last month!

 

Pittsburgh Trolley Museum

Sarris Candy Factory

Our Fall/Halloween Party

Kerber’s Dairy

Halloween Movie Nights

Triple B

Roller Skating

Fallfest at Daycare

Hay Day @ Hartwood Acres

USC Rec Center and Park

Bon Fire

Fall Sensory Table

Halloween Parade

Halloween Family Night

Indian Lake Trick-Or-Treat

Roundhill Hay Ride

Library Halloween Party

Trick or Treat

SpringHouse Farm

 

We did so much in the last month. It’s insane! I can’t believe it’s over. We definitely need a bit of a break. Over the next three weeks, we will be looking to spend more time at home. I plan on not picking back up with activities until Light Up Night on the 18th.  I better start getting creative with things for us to do at home. I have a slew of movies requested at the library. I have some Thanksgiving themed ones picked out, but because there aren’t many of those movies, we’re going to wait until closer to Thanksgiving before we hop back into any themes. We’re going to enjoy some other movies like The Good Dinosaur, which I can’t wait to come in!

 

Alright, this has gotten so long. I’m going to do a separate one about our Halloween!

No comments: