Wednesday, May 6, 2015

minus baby is back!

My earlier blog was actually written yesterday. Sorry, I didn’t get to publish it until today! So when you read it, pretend it’s yesterday! Today, I filed a claim via my phone insurance company to replace my broken phone. To my surprise, they have no more versions of my phone in stock, therefore they are upgrading me to the newer version! I am so freaking excited. Now, let’s just hope this damn thing gets here in the next couple of days. I’m using my mom’s phone in the meantime and it freaking sucks! I did have to pay a $99 deductible, but from what I hear, that’s on the lower end of things, especially for getting a newer phone out of the deal.
 
Emerson seems so much like himself now. I’m so happy. When I picked him up from daycare, he was so bubbly and silly! They told me he ate all of his meatballs served at dinner and then tried stealing the other kid’s meatballs! Sounds like my boy! His appetite must be back and in overdrive. I’m just glad the meds are working. I’m not kidding, guys. It was brutal before we had a diagnosis. Anyway, after daycare, they had a book fair set up in the lobby. Emerson got three new books, which we read last night. We did play outside for a while first, then I took him for a nice, long walk in his push car. After dinner and bath, it took him awhile to fall asleep. I put him down at 7:17. He didn’t conk out until about 8pm. He seemed so tired, which is why I did bath a little earlier. Maybe I should have waited a little while. He slept from 8pm-11pm. Not bad. I was able to get my mom’s mother’s day gift put together and write out her and my sister’s cards. She put up this HUGE                family tree wall decal. It is gorgeous, but you’re supposed to put pictures in frames up on the branches. She hasn’t done it yet, so I got all of her frames and black and white photos of all of us. It’s going to look adorable. Anyway, I went to bed at 10pm, so I got a little bit of sleep before he woke. I put him in bed with me. We slept pretty well.
 
My dad is having his gall bladder removed on Friday. I hope after this is over with, he feels like himself again. He’s been in pain for so many months and just not himself. It sucks. He winces anytime he moves and he can barely pick up Emerson, though he still tries.  I know it isn’t a big surgery, or anything, but it’s the first surgery he’s ever had, so of course, I am nervous. I just want everything to be okay and to go back to normal afterwards. It has really, really sucked to watch him over the last four months. All we talk about is his pain. Even when we try to side step it, it just comes back up because it’s obviously written on his face.  Say a little prayer for my dad, please! We’d really appreciate it.
 
Mother’s day is on Sunday. We canceled our big plans because of dad’s surgery. We aren’t sure how he will feel afterwards, so my mom would rather just be home to take care of him. Instead, my sister and I are going to take the boys to do something. I’m not even sure what. The weather should be beautiful, so that’ll help. I can’t believe I’ll be celebrating my second mother’s day. Where the hell did the time go?! Emerson has a doctor appointment on Friday. It’s his 15 month check-up. I’m not sure he will get shots though because of his recent ear infection. I was told it shouldn’t interfere, but it did the last time. We’ll see how that goes.
 
Outside of the above, we have nothing planned for the weekend. I’ll let Em play in the yard with his water table and splash pad if the weather is warm enough on Saturday. I haven’t checked yet. Heck, maybe I’ll even get some sun! That would be nice. I need to figure out how the hell to assemble the grill my sister gave me. My dad bought her a grill, but she already had one, so I got a brand new grill free. It’s nothing fancy. Just your standard charcoal grill, but it would be nice to cookout this weekend. I hear the grill is a real pain in the ass to put together though. I’m dreading it. I guess I can try tonight after Emerson goes to sleep. My car already needs washed. So many birds have pooped right on it. I’ll put that on the agenda too!
 
Alright, everyone. I hope you all have a fabulous Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

No comments: