Friday, May 15, 2015

Mummy's trying new things!!!!


I just finished my grocery list. I’m taking a BIG risk and trying something different. I’m going to freeze some crock pot meals to make my life a hell of a lot easier. I’m going to do 10 dinners for a total of $27. That’s about $2.70 a dinner.  Just a head’s up, this doesn’t include the side that I’d make with that dinner either. We’ll stick to our normal sides of pasta, rice, veggies, garlic bread, etc. Nothing too costly, but it’s the usual stuff we have. The crockpot portion is replacing our entrees. This will alleviate the painfulness of cooking in front of a hot stove when its 90 degrees out, but it’ll still allow us to eat full, healthier meals that don’t come from the microwave. Also, dinner will be pretty much ready when we walk in the house. All I’ll need to do is whip up a quick side, which won’t be too time consuming.  A friend gave me a TON of recipes, so I’m running with it. If all else fails, I won’t do this again, but I do think it’ll make life easier. I’ll let you know how it turns out!

I finished the first Divergent book and watched the movie last night. It was awesome! I’m so obsessed. I started the second book right after, so I’m about halfway through it. The second movie is newly in theaters, so I won’t be seeing that for quite some time until it comes to dvd.  I can live with that for now. There is a third book in the series, so I should be occupied for the next few days ha! It was awesome being able to watch an entire movie last night though. That’s the first time I’ve done that since Em was born! He went to bed at 7pm last night. He slept until 12:30. I went to bed around 9:45, so I got almost 3 hours in before he woke up. I did put him in bed with me. No judgement. I’m working on it. He seemed really fussy before bed though, so we skipped bath. I hope his other ear isn’t bugging him. He finished his antibiotic a few days ago, but when we were at the docs last week, they said the other ear was starting to look infected. Gah. I guess I’ll see how he is over the weekend, then go from there. If they have to prescribe something stronger, then fine, but jeez. Can we get a damn break? He just started to seem pleasant again. I don’t want that to go to hell so soon!

We have no plans this weekend. I believe there is rain the forecast too. Our grass needs cut so damn bad. It sucks paying for it just for it to rain, which accelerates growth! I hope the grass people come today regardless of the looming rain. It’s almost too long to even play back there. Em was getting pissed yesterday. He couldn’t push his dumb truck through the grass because it was too high. I don’t want to call them to come off cycle though because then I end up paying additionally. I want them to just come on my assigned day, which I think is Monday. We’ve gotten so far off cycle that I no longer remember. If all else fails, we can go to the park near our house to play.

We’re visiting my parents this weekend. My mom says my dad seems back to his old self! The old self BEFORE all of the pain started. I’m excited to see how that is. It’s been many, many months since he’s been himself, so I’m excited to go over there.  I’ll have to haul our laundry over too. We definitely are running extremely low on clothing. I hope we have stuff to get us through until we do laundry!

Alright, folks. I hope you have a lovely weekend!!!!

No comments: