Monday, May 18, 2015

Mummy's real blog


We had a great weekend. It rained almost the entire time, but it didn’t even matter. Emerson feels 100%, so that just makes everything so much easier. Friday, I left work a little early, so that I could do our grocery shopping. I ended up saving some money because I went to Aldis. Typically, I shop at Wal*mart, but decided to try something new. Afterwards, I ran home to unload, then picked Em up from daycare. We didn’t do much on Friday night. We played outside a bit and I made a pizza for dinner. Em went to bed at his usual time. After he went to bed, I prepped 9 crock pot meals for the next few days. I made a pineapple teriyaki meatball meal, chicken alfredo, and a pineapple sweet potato chicken casserole. I spent about $26 and around an hour to prep and freeze everything! Afterwards, I went to bed. Em ended up sleeping in his crib for 5.5 hours before waking. When he did wake, I brought him into bed with me.

Saturday, Em woke us up around 645am. It was a little earlier than I would have liked, but we had gotten some great sleep the night before, so I wasn’t about to complain. We played, had breakfast, got ready, then headed out to do some errands. By the time we got home, it was nap for Mr. Emerson. He went down with ease. I was able to lay him in the crib and to walk out of the room. He slept for about 1.5 hours. While he napped, I put dinner in the crock pot. I decided to make the pineapple teriyaki meatballs. After Em’s nap, we headed to my parent’s house. We hadn’t seen them for about a week, so I wanted to go over to visit. We hung out at their house for a few hours. By the time we got home, dinner was ready in the crockpot. The house smelled incredible! Em took an hour nap after we got home, so when he woke up, we ate dinner together, then played until bedtime. He slept in his crib from 9pm until 3am. I was beyond baffled! When he cried at 3am, I did NOT go in to get him. He cried for under a minute, then put himself back to sleep until 6am! When he cried, I went in to check him. His diaper leaked, so I changed him, then brought him into bed with me. He slept until 830am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After we got up, we had breakfast and played until lunch time. We had plans to drive up to my sister’s house with my parents. She lives about 45 minutes away, so I pushed his nap, so that he’d sleep during the drive. Worked like a charm! Em slept the entire way. We had such a good time! We had a little cook out with her friends and just hung out. Em loved running around her yard. He was dragging my dad ALL around. Speaking of dad, he is back to himself! It is crazy to see him out and about and feeling back to normal. THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He looks 100 times better. Anyway, we stayed there for a few hours until Em started to get cranky and in need of a nap. We got home around 545pm. Em napped once we got home and never woke up until freaking 1am! Insane!!!!!! His diaper was pretty wet, so after I changed him, I just brought him into bed with me. I guess he really tuckered himself out running around!

This morning, I decided to take the world along with me through our morning routine. I posted a separate blog with that in it. I’m working from home today, so it’s less chaotic because I’m not racing to the bus, or working in town. This was my first video blog, so bear with me. I’m not a great video editor, nor am I trying to be. I tried to make it quick and upbeat, but informative. It doesn’t seem that difficult for me in the mornings after watching the video, but I did cut a lot out. We set the car alarm off THREE separate times. I did it twice and Em did it once LOL My entire laundry bag RIPPED, while I was trying to carry it out to the car, and I had to label everything before packing the diaper bag for daycare. I also cut out all parts of me taking care of Kodie, which adds extra work. The video would have been CRAZY long if I kept everything. It’s not as easy as it looks getting everything together in the morning by myself. Luckily, Emerson did NOT wake up early, so I was able to focus. If you listen to the video, I give timestamps at random intervals. Yes, you heard correctly. We were in the car at 6:04am, which was 4 minutes late. It’s incredible how early we are out of the door. Most people aren’t even awake yet!!!!

No comments: