Monday, May 11, 2015

Mummy's mummy's day!!

This weekend was REALLY busy. I worked from home on Friday. Dad had his gallbladder surgery. It went well, but he is still saying he’s in excruciating pain. I’m not sure if that’s normal, or not. I know several people have had that surgery and haven’t seemed like they were literally DYING of pain 2 days after, so I don’t know what to make of it. I think he’s in pain, but I don’t think it’s THAT bad. He is really bitchy too. I hope after a few more days he starts to feel normal. I can’t make light of what is going on though. I have a real fear that he is always going to be this way. He will always say he is in pain/sick from now on like he has been for the last few months. I do think he is hurting, but I don’t know if it’s to the extent that he’s saying. We all do love and care about him a lot, so I don’t know if it’s an attention thing, or what. It is driving me absolutely crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We only saw him for about an hour yesterday and he was just getting on my nerves so badly. I feel so mean saying that, but seriously. Just bitching! When Emerson and I got there, Em had falling asleep in the car. It was naptime. So, I laid him down on their couch where he continued to nap. I told my dad that if he woke up, to just holler and I’d come and grab him. He has a real knack for rolling off the couch. Anyway, about 30 minutes after I laid Em down, he started moving around on the couch and waking up. My dad starts freaking out. “He’s moving, he’s moving. He’s going to fall and bust his head open. He’s going to fall off the couch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” CHILL THE FUCK OUT, GUY!!!!!!!!!! I go in and Emerson is BARELY moving AT ALL. CHILL. You’re waking him up more freaking out like that! Prior to dad getting surgery, he put new hardwood floors in their dining room. He didn’t get to finish into the kitchen yet, so the floor has a small step before walking into the kitchen. It’s HARDLY noticeable. OMG. He just kept BITCHING “Someone’s going to trip and bust their head open. Someone’s going to trip on that step. I can see it happening. We’re going to be down the hospital” OMG IF YOU DON’T SHUT THE FUCK UP RIGHT NOW! It’s LITERALLY an INCH off the ground. RELAX. It isn’t that serious. GO LAY DOWN. It was like that the entire time we were there. We were just there to give my mom her mother’s day gifts and to visit for a bit. In the middle of me opening up gifts from Emerson, I was warding off my dad’s bitchy comments. It was really irritating. I understand that he doesn’t feel well, but jeez. I really do think he’s milking it for all it’s worth. My mom is really sick of it. She is sleeping in their spare room because my dad just thrashes all night and moans. She said he just randomly screams bloody murder too. If it is THAT BAD, then clearly something is wrong because it shouldn’t be THAT bad! I really hope by mid-week he feels better. I thought this surgery was going to be the answer to our prayers. Okay, I didn’t mean to vent like I just did above. That honestly came out of nowhere. I didn’t even realize it was bothering me so much either until I started to type. Okay, back to Friday. Emerson had his 15 month check-up. Boy, did we get an earful. The appointment was great. Em is developing amazing. He’s well ahead in some areas. He already has every single tooth outside of his two year molars! Thank GOD! His canine teeth are creeping in now, so we can probably put teething to rest for a bit after this. I am so freaking happy! It’s crazy that he already has all of his teeth! I wish he’d be a little more cooperative during brushing. He fights me so badly. I try to make it as fun as possible, but he still fights me to the point where I end up having to hold his arms down. It’s such a battle every morning and night. We’ll just keeping working at it, but damn. I hate the battle! Anyway, the doctor said that Em is on the heftier side, so she suggested that we switch from whole milk down to 2%. She wasn’t overly concerned and neither am I, but just to get in front of it a bit, we’re going to take her suggestion and drop the milk down. I don’t really know what that’ll change, but we’ll see how it goes. He is a very active boy already, so hopefully that’ll help him thin out a bit too. Again, I am not overly concerned about it at this point, but it isn’t a problem that I’d like to continue developing. She also wants me to let him cry it out, so that he starts to sleep longer periods of time. Now, he goes to bed in his crib, sleeps around 3 hours, then wakes up freaking out until I come in and get him. She wants that habit broken. Cry it out fucking sucks! I tried it for nap on Saturday. It did work, but it sucked. I didn’t try it for night time though. I let him cry a couple extra minutes last night, but I was so damn tired. I just put him in bed with me. Say what you want, people. This is my “I don’t give a fuck face” :/ LOL We slept all night though, which was awesome. His left ear is starting to look grim even though he’s on antibiotics, so they might put him on something stronger if he starts to get a fever again. I’ll just monitor and call if I think he seems worse. So far, he seems okay. On Saturday, we played in the yard the entire day. We both ended up getting a little bit of sunburn. Em has such fair skin that no amount of sunscreen protects him 100%. He even had on a shirt and long shorts. Poor guy. It isn’t too bad. Just a little tint of red that’s already starting to tan. We had such a great time though playing in the yard on his splash pad. We ran some errands first though, then Em took a nap. We didn’t even go outside until 2pm. We were out there until about 5 though. That three hours was so nice! The house was incredibly hot though even with the air conditioner on. We ended up playing in the playroom that night because it was much cooler. Em stayed up until about 9:45pm too because he napped so late! Sunday was awesome! Mother’s day rocked! Em and I slept in a bit, then got up, headed to dunkin donuts, then grabbed a gorgeous potted flower for me on the way home! It was a great start to the day! Afterwards, we came home, ate our breakfast, played a bit, then got ready and headed to my parent’s house. My mom and dad bought me a TON of stuff on behalf of Emerson. A mom necklace/earrings, a teddy bear, a new mug, flip flops, and a card! He is such a thoughtful kiddo! My sister and nephew met us at my parent’s house, then we headed to the waterfront for the day! It was awesome! We shopped around a bit, then got some frozen yogurt. Afterwards, Em and I went home and played in his little baby pool before dinner. It was a really great mother’s day! This week, I’m in office all week, which sucks ass! We have nothing going on, which is a good thing. It has been a busy few weeks, so not having plans is nice. We have no plans this weekend either. The park near our house is only permitted for kids under 12. I didn’t realize that. All of the items are on a smaller scale, so Em wouldn’t have a problem climbing on anything. I think we’ll head over there a couple of times. It’s really cute. It just sucks that it’s on the other side of the highway. It’s close enough to walk to, but I wouldn’t even attempt to cross that street. We’ll just drive over. Alright. I think that’s about all I have for now. I hope you all have a super week!

No comments: