Wednesday, May 6, 2015

mummys broken phone

I have no idea what the hell I blogged about last. It’s been a very eventful few days….
 
Friday was a normal day. I woke up, took Em to daycare, went grocery shopping, then came home to log into work. It was amazing going grocery shopping with a car that has a working trunk! I had such ease loading and unloading groceries! Wow, I’ve been missing out! Anyway, I was working for a while when I got  a call from the daycare. Uh-oh! They were calling because Emerson was flipping the fuck out. They had no idea what was wrong with him, but he was being very unlike himself. I went to pick him up early. Boy, they were not kidding. He was a damn bear! He ended up going to bed early. He slept pretty well though. The next day, he was fine. We went to my nephew’s birthday party on Saturday. Emerson had a great time running around. He didn’t have any outbursts and seemed completely fine. That night, he threw up in his bed though. It was a lot, so I thought maybe he just had too much cake at the party, or had a wet burp in his sleep. Sunday was normal. My sister and nephew came over after we ran some errands. He and my nephew played in the sprinkler and we all ate lunch together outside. Again, no abnormal behavior. He seemed fine. 245am rolled around and he was unbearable.  It was absolutely unreal. Three hours later, I finally was able to get him back to sleep. I decided on Monday that we were not going to muffins with mom. I took him to the pediatrician. I didn’t think they’d tell me anything was wrong. I was so worried my sweet boy was replaced with this tantrumming monster!
 
While we were at the docs, I was holding Emerson in the waiting room. All of a sudden, his skin turned gray and he felt really hot. Before I could even comprehend what was happening, he puked all over the both of us and the floor. I don’t mean a dainty puke either. I was saturated. It went right through my jeans and shirt. I grabbed him and ran to the bathroom, so his entire mouth was just vomiting all over me and the floor as I ran. Wow. Milk does not curdle nicely! The stench was unbearable and all the parents in the waiting room were bitching. I didn’t really care, but it was still a little embarrassing. The nurse came over with some saw dustish stuff to soak up the puke that was on the floor. Too bad she couldn’t sprinkle some on me! We waited for a little while longer, then were called back. The doctor found that Em has an ear infection. He said it was pretty bad even though Em wasn’t pulling at his ears. He also had a temp of 102. Poor guy.
 
After 3 doses of antibiotics, he was MUCH better last night. We even played outside! He figured out how to slide down his slide, which is ridiculously adorable. I was so shocked he was happy and playing. He seemed like his normal self again. No tantrums and no freaking out…Thank God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was NOT with that! Anyway, after bath, he went down fairly easily and slept for about half of the night alone. I did bring him into bed with me where he slept soundly. I really needed that sleep as did he. It was welcomed! This morning, he was a little bit down, but probably because I woke him before he was ready to get up. He’s been at daycare all day. I had to log on after he went to bed last night and to work until 930pm to make up lost time from yesterday. It sucked having to work in between naps and even during dinner time yesterday. I’m glad I don’t have to do that today. I’m also glad that he is starting to feel better. I missed my bubbly boy!
 
I broke my damn cell phone. I had to borrow my mom’s in the meantime, so that we have a phone at home in case something were to happen. It freaking sucks ass to not have a damn phone. I’m hopefully correcting that on my lunch break tomorrow. I didn’t want to drag Em to the AT&T store while he was so sick yesterday after the docs. I figure a couple days won’t kill me and I can just handle it while I’m in town tomorrow.
 
Alright, I hope you all have a super Tuesday!

No comments: