Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Mummy's pup escaped!!!!


Yesterday was just one of those days where absolutely everything went wrong. The morning was okay. I had to work in town (per my video), so we got moving pretty quickly and I made it to the bus on time. Work was okay. I had a 2 hour brainstorming meeting to try to streamline processing that took up most of the afternoon, but nothing crazy. After work, I waited for the bus like I typically do. It came 5 minutes early, which is NOT normal. I immediately knew something was up. The bus was packed, so I assumed the bus I got on was not my scheduled one. It was the prior bus, which ended up being 15 minutes late. Great. That can’t be a good sign. I sat down and started reading my book (Insurgent from the Divergent series). After about 2 blocks, the bus broke down. Really? The entire bus groaned. The driver restarted the bus and we were rolling again, but then broke down about five minutes later. I was proactive because I knew we’d eventually get the boot off the bus and I’d be screwed. I texted my friend who also takes the bus, but he parks closer to town. I hopped off on the busway, jumped onto another bus that took me to my friend’s park n ride. Thank God that plan worked out. He got off his bus about 5 minutes later and he rode me to my car. He only had to drive another 10 minutes, so it wasn’t too inconvenient. I was about 20 minutes late to pick Emerson up, which wasn’t too bad. It was just really hectic and I absolutely hate when shit like that happens. I didn’t get to go to the grocery store either, so I have to do that after work today. We need milk, wipes, and sour cream for our salsa chicken, which is dinner tonight.

I talked to the grass company the day before, so I knew they were coming to cut our lawn. I was hoping it would be done when we got home, but it wasn’t. When we got home, I quickly let Kodie out to pee. I didn’t want to risk her being out there, the lawn guys coming, and her getting out of the gate. Afterwards, I took Emerson outside for a walk in his push car. The weather has been so shitty lately, that I didn't want to skip out on playing outside because the grass is literally up to my calves. I figured we could take a walk, eat dinner, then hopefully the grass guys would come and we could play outside before bath and bed. I put chicken alfredo in the crockpot, which turned out to be amazing. All I had to do was boil some pasta and slap some garlic bread in the oven. Not bad. It came out delicious and we will definitely be making that again!

After dinner, the lawn guys came. They did a great job! After they were done, we all headed outside. The second Kodie stepped foot in the yard, she ran to the gate and fucking bolted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The guys didn’t shut the gate and I didn’t realize it! What the hell?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I grabbed Emerson and we went running out to the front of the house. I was screaming her name. The lawn guys hadn’t pulled away yet, so I let them know what happened. Immediately, they jumped out of the truck and helped me look for her. She was a few houses down in someone’s yard. THANK GOD. We live RIGHT off of a highway. She would have been pancaked in a second because traffic is very thick, especially at that time of day. Kodie loves going in the car, so my first thought was to grab the keys, open the car door, then pray that she fell for my trick. SHE DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I trapped her in the car, grabbed the leash, then put her back in the damn house. The lawn guys handled my gate. I will NEVER make that mistake ever again!!!!!!!!! I will always check the gate because you really can’t trust, or rely on someone else, especially when it comes to the welfare of my dog. I was in a panic!!!!!!!!!!! After she came back, I just kept hugging her and telling her to never run away again! After that, we did play in the yard for a while before Em had a bath, then went to bed for the night. 

I was exhausted by the time I sat down on the couch after dishes and cleaning up. I worked out, read some of my book,  then watched some t.v., then fell asleep on the couch. I woke up around 10:30, then took my butt to bed. Em slept 830-130am. I brought him into my bed when he woke, then we both went back to sleep. He slept the whole night after that. I know I should be tougher. I am TRYING. We’ve gone from 2 hour spurts to about 5 hour spurts and sometimes a little longer. I’m impressed! We will get there. We missed mommy and me yoga last night too. With all of the chaos yesterday, I was just too tired to drag Em back out to go.

I hope the rest of the week is uneventful. It’s a four day weekend because of Memorial Day. I know I haven’t posted about this yet, but…my birthday is next Wednesday. I can’t believe I’ll be 32. It’s hard to even wrap my mind around that. I used to be the girl who threw 3 different birthday parties for herself and celebrated for a week. Now, I haven’t even mentioned it. We always have Memorial Day at my parent’s house, so we’ll just do cake that day for me. I took my actual birthday off from work too. Emerson is going to daycare, so I’ll have the entire day to myself. I have a hair and pedicure appointment too. It’s my birthday gift to myself. I haven’t had my hair highlighted in 4 months, so I’m due. I threw the toes in as a bonus. I think Emerson and I are also going to go out to dinner the night of my birthday. Nothing huge, or major, but it’s nice to feel special for the day.

My parents are supposed to bring Emerson’s sandbox over this week. I want it before the weekend. I also want to get a big, plastic pool too. I don’t want to have to leave the house on Saturday, or Sunday. I just want to hang out in the yard with enough stuff to occupy us. It’s nice to not have to leave the house though and I don’t want to have to spend money! Memorial Day will be fun. I wish my parents opened up their pool. Dad is behind because he was recovering from surgery. Today is his first day back to work, so he will be too exhausted to work on it this week. Maybe they’ll start to open it over the weekend, so it at least looks nice for Memorial Day. Even if it’s open, it’ll be WAY too cold to swim. The nights have been REALLY cold around here, so even if the water warms up during the day, it’ll just got back to freezing overnight.

Alright, I hope you all have a happy Wednesday!!!!

No comments: