Monday, August 3, 2015

If you steal my sunshine

This weekend was just insane. So many ups, but just as many downs. I don’t even know where the hell to begin either. Friday was pretty typical. I worked in town. When I left to wait for the bus, it was 22 minutes late. It’s starting to become absolutely ridiculous. I was annoyed, but there was not much I could do. I picked Em up, and we ventured home.  Saturday, we played in the yard for most of the day. We did run some errands, but headed back home for more yard play. Emerson had an impromptu play date that evening, which ended up being a lot of fun. After he went to bed, I rented “Gone Girl”. Again, nothing too exciting.

Sunday, sh*t really hit the fan. I posted a funny meme on Facebook about the 21 day fix. It was more of an inside joke for those using it because we are allotted tons of food, which everyone always complains about. A girl I am friend’s with commented accusing me of taking jabs at other fitness and nutrition plans. I explained that I was not putting down any other fitness plan. I explained the joke to her, and even commended her on doing an amazing job working out and eating right. I crushed this girl with so much kindness. Even still, she continued to come at me. She was definitely looking for a fight. Now that I am representing a brand, I held back. If I wasn’t, I would have torn her ass to shreds. It was hard holding back, but I did. She ended up telling me to eff off, then blocking me. An hour later, I get a text from my sister with a screen shot of the nastiest status she posted about me. It was horrific. She said that I am a skeletal she-man who is disgusting and starves herself. Should I care what she says about me? Not at all. Really, I shouldn’t. I do not mess around with body shaming though. I’ve worked incredibly hard to get to where I am. It’s just not my scene. Obviously, I am going to promote BeachBody because I am representing that company. I have never put down another fitness program. I would never post and say “You suck/your program sucks” That just isn’t my style. I don’t even appreciate being accused of that because it’s just not true. If you look back through ALL of my posts, you will find NOTHING of the sort.  The problem is this girl is a bit narcissistic. Anytime someone posts, she reads it with herself in mind. It’s so delusional and sick. Not everything is about you.

It’s called marketing and business. If I worked at Nike, I certainly wouldn’t be promoting Adidas. Yeah, I like Adidas, but I’m not going to post wearing that brand. I won’t hate on it either though. I will point out the highlights of my brand, emphasis those characteristics, and ask people if they want to use it. There is nothing wrong with that. I would never say “Adidas, you suck so hard. Use Nike, it’s better”. I’d have to be a complete idiot to do that, which I’m not.

She works out at the gym, drinks protein shakes, and eats healthy. That is great. I am glad that she is able to do that. As a single mom, I don’t have the luxury to go to the gym and work out. I used to and I loved it. I can’t do that now, so working out at home with DVDs is just the way to go. I can workout when my son goes to sleep, I don’t have to pay a monthly membership, and I don’t have to get a babysitter. It works FOR ME. There is nothing wrong with sharing that with others. If there is a mom who wants to get fit and healthy, but is in the same situation as me, why shouldn’t she be asked if she wants to give the program a shot?

Let’s talk about shakes. She did post before demeaning Shakeology because of the price. She posted an alternative shake that she uses, which is fine. We all know Shakeology isn’t the ONLY shake available on the market. It just happens to be my shake of choice. To each their own. I don’t care that she is using something else. She is using what she likes and what fits into her budget, and nutrition plan. I am doing the same. I stated product facts and she accused me of saying that mine was better than hers. I said nothing of the sort, and I certainly didn’t imply it. I said that Shakeology is a meal replacement (it is), and that it is packed with so many nutrients, which is why it isn’t dirt cheap. Again, use whatever you want to use. I am representing BeachBody, therefore I represent Shakeology. I am going to promote what I am using on my page. I wouldn’t promote something that I’ve never even used. I know what benefits Shakeology gives me. I have every right to share that with others.  I can’t say what I use is better than what someone else uses if I’ve never tried it though.

It just went on and on. It was so ridiculous. I said nothing rude. She read things with a negative connotation, so that she could interpret them in a mean way. I’ve learned that you can’t save everyone. Some people are just miserable, and going through their own things. They try to steal your happiness, and invoke their negativity on you. That’s what happened yesterday. I was a victim of someone trying to steal my joy. I don’t need that. I didn’t need the body shaming either. The truth is, I feel extremely confident and happy in my own skin. For the first time in my life, I feel okay. I’m happy and I don’t want someone taking any of that away from me. This business is extremely humbling. I’ve put myself out there, which is  scary. I’ve opened myself up to personal attacks and bullying. Knowing that doesn’t make it any easier though. I’ve found that I just need to toughen up, and not let these people break me down, or derail me.

No comments: