Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Just some ramblings

Today is day #3 in my carb down week. Yesterday, I only packed one snack for work, which ended up not being enough. I was starving by the time I got off the bus. I had to run to Giant Eagle to get some doggy ice cream to celebrate Kodie’s birthday, so I ended up grabbing a protein snack pack, which held me over until dinner. Today, I’m better prepared. I have two snacks, breakfast, my shake, and lunch, so I should be all set until dinner tonight. I’m planning on going for a run around 10am, so I’m eating my breakfast now. When I come back, I’ll have a snack before my first meeting, then lunch before my second meeting. I’m planning on carb depleting through Saturday morning, then I’ll add some fruit back in over the weekend. Next week, I’m following the carb depletion too, but I’m scattering the days that I do it. I just needed to get back on track from camping, so that’s why I decided to carb down during the work week. I already feel back to where I was before I went away last weekend, so that’s a good thing. I just need to make sure I’m eating enough. It’s definitely a trial and error thing that I’m still working through. I don’t feel too run down either. Typically, anytime I’ve done a carb depleted diet, I’m so exhausted and run down. I wasn’t using proper portion control before though, so I’m sure that had a lot to do with it. I’ve replaced all the carbs/fruit that I would have eaten with extra veggies and protein, so I’m not going without. I’m keeping my calories up, and I’m actually drinking more water than usual.

Okay, enough about my fitness and nutrition. I can’t believe it’s already Wednesday. We have nothing at all planned outside of just hanging at home, which I’m fine with. I have no idea what the weekend entails. I’ll probably ask if my sister and nephew want to get out with us at least once. I want to take Em to the park too. We barely do that. I know cold weather is right around the corner, so we better get it out of our system now while we still can. It has been so chilly this week. We were going to swim this weekend, but I bet that water is freezing cold. Hopefully it warms up before labor day.

Em needs some fall clothes so badly. I need to plan a day to get his fall wardrobe together, and to clean out all of the clothes that don’t fit him anymore. I also need some things for myself. I just want to get a new pair of fall boots, a new pair of jeans, and a couple of warmer tops. I don’t need much. I probably need some socks though. I seem to lose those over the summertime. I know I can find some good, cheap stuff in the girl’s section. That sounds terrible to say, but I know I can get the basics for cheap in the little girl’s section. I can fit a L/XL with no issues. Sometimes, the XL are a little big, but nothing crazy. I just bought a cute pair of sweatpants for $7.97 in the little girls section for camping. I would have had to spend $13 in the junior section. A L/XL is roughly the same size as a XS/SM in juniors, so it isn’t really that big of a deal that I can fit clothes in that size. It would be stupid to not buy stuff in that area since it’s so cheap. I also need to take my car In for service. There is a recall on it and I am about due for an oil change. I should just plan on doing that all in the same day, but I swear, it always takes forever at the dealership. I might risk spending my entire day there and never doing any other errands. I’d rather shop for Em without him. That way, I can really look instead of rushing through.

I want to get Emerson’s pictures done again. He hasn’t had his pics taken since right before Easter. I’ll be smart about it this time and just select ONE pose to buy. I am still stuck with so many pictures from the package I purchased back in Easter. He’s grown so much since those pics were taken though, so I definitely want to get some cute fall ones done. They have a coupon now for $12.99 and you get a free 5x7 canvas. The coupon for that ends 08/30/0015, but they have coupons offered pretty much daily, so I’m not worried about it. I definitely want to have them done though. I haven’t even attempted my own photo shoot in a few months. He’s so wild. I don’t know if I could even get anything good. I should try something again first before I pay money to someone else. We did a cute Apple theme last September. It would be fun to do the same thing this year. I’m sure most of the shots would be action ones with him running. I’ll start there and try to get some good ones myself first. I’ll ask my sister to help me.

Alright, I have a lot of stuff to do today, so I better get on it. I hope you all have a great Wednesday!

No comments: