Monday, August 24, 2015

Our camping trip

We survived our weekend at the cabin. It was really nice! There was a lot of stuff to do. They had a HUGE pool with a smaller kiddie pool, which was absolutely amazing. The pool was open daily from 830am-8pm,which was nice. They also had mini golf, and a lodge that served breakfast daily. On top of that, it was Halloween weekend! During the summer, the event coordinator holds different functions and holidays. We got lucky and picked Halloween weekend. The kids dressed up in costumes, trick-or-treated, did a hayride, and played games. It was really cute. On top of that, we were near Living Treasures animal park, so we headed there. Emerson got to feed so many animals. It was adorable. One of the goats hopped the fence and followed us around the entire time. It was pretty cool. We also visited Fort Ligonier, which ended up being really fun. I didn’t think I’d enjoy that too much, but I did.

I ate so much bad food this past weekend. My poor body hates me. It was nice taking a break though, but I’m back to the grind today. I grocery shopped this morning, then food prepped. Everything is ready for the week. I believe Em is getting in his molars right now, which explains his fussiness, and sickies this past week. The drool is out of this world.  I just hope they come in quick. I’m ready for some normalcy around here again. He was pretty good at the cabin though outside of a few tantrums. He slept both nights, which was a shocker. The first night, he cried around 3am, so I brought him to bed with me. The second night, I had a hard time getting him to bed, but when I did, he slept all night. He slept fine last night too at home, so I’m glad his routine wasn’t interrupted.

Kodie was fine all weekend. My friend, Tim, came over many times to let her out to pee. She was happy to have us home though. We missed her a lot. I went to the laundromat this morning too and did all of the laundry from the weekend, so we are good for the week. We got rid of the campfire smell from all of our towels and blankets too. I’m glad to be back home. I want our routine back. I found that I don’t really like going without my routine. It’s hard for me to just relax. Em is still a bit young for camp. There were a lot of things he could hurt himself on, so I hope next year is a little more laid back. We all had the constant fear that he’d get hurt.

Alright, I’m going to end this now. I hope you guys enjoy the pics I put at the end.

No comments: