Monday, August 31, 2015

Our weekend

We had an action packed weekend that turned out to be really awesome. On Friday, I got home early, so I went home first before I picked Em up from daycare. We didn’t do anything major on Friday night. We just hung out at home. Emerson ended up waking up at 652am on Saturday morning. Ugh. He usually sleeps until well after 7am. I was not happy at all with that. I made us banana pancakes for breakfast, then we headed to buy a birthday present for the party we had that afternoon. My cousin’s daughter turned 2. She is absolutely adorable. I had a great time shopping for girl stuff too. After shopping, Em and I headed to my best friend’s house for a playdate. It was only about 8am when we stopped over too. She didn’t mind at all. We let the boys play for a couple of hours before Em and I went home to get ready for the party. We headed to the party around 1pm. It was so hot out, but we had a great time. Em loved the bouncey house and running around with the other kids. We hung for about 3 hours. Em hadn’t napped all day, so once he was in meltdown mode, we made our exit. He napped until about 6pm, so I knew bedtime would be a bit later, which was fine. He ended up going to bed around 8pm. I rented Aloha, had a glass of wine, a snack, and just hung out. It was nice. Em ended up waking at 652am on Sunday morning. Really?! Even with a later bedtime, he was still up early. We piled into the car and headed to Dunkin Donuts. I got a pumpkin spice latte, which was amazing! Em got a couple of munchkins. He absolutely loved it. We hung out at home for most of the day. After Em napped, we headed to pick my sister and nephew up, then did a little back to school photo shoot. Em wasn’t really interested, but I still got some decent shots. It was fun anyway. Afterwards, we headed to the park, then to my parent’s house for a big turkey dinner. By the time we got home, it was 630pm. Em played in the yard for a bit, then went to bed at his usual time. It was a great weekend.

I got so much food prep done for the week too. I’m so glad. I ended up making  5 breakfast, lunches, dinners, and 10 snacks. So, what’s on the menu? I made banana bread overnight oats for breakfast. They are so yummy and taste just like banana bread. I made southwest chicken bowls for lunch topped with avocado and lime juice. Dinner will be fish, rice, and mixed veggies. I made buffalo chicken dip with cucumbers to scoop, and deviled eggs for one snack. Then, I made peanut butter Greek yogurt with strawberries. I also have my Shakeology. The only thing missing is my nightly snack. I’ll probably just wing that and make some kind of fruit snack. Everything is ready! I’m glad because that lifts a huge burden off of my shoulders for the week. I’ll just need to cook dinner for Emerson, which is not bad at all.

I slacked a bit over the weekend. I didn’t work out at all on Saturday, or Sunday. It’s time to get back into the routine. I’m working out tonight after Em  goes to bed. Tomorrow, I’m running. Wednesday, I’m doing my upper workout in the gym studio. I’m running on Thursday, then bringing another workout to the gym studio for Friday. We’re doing our labor day cookout on Sunday, so I’m going to work out on Saturday night. That should complete the week! I’m much happier adding my carbs back into my diet. Clean eating is the way to go paired with exercise. I think I just feel a bit at a loss of where I want to go right now and what goals I have. Building muscle would be amazing, so I am going to plunge forward with my 21 day fix extreme workouts, but up my weights. Working out in the gym studio will help me do that. I won’t need to buy new weights yet for home. Instead, I can play around with different sizes there to figure out where I need to go. I’m at 8 and 10 right now. I’m thinking 10 and 12 will be my next move. I’m using my 8 and 10 today, but the workout I’m doing might be difficult even with those sizes, so we’ll see.

This week, we have nothing planned, which I’m fine with. I have Monday off of work, so we’ll have a long weekend. I’m thinking of driving into work on Friday, so I can run in the morning, then still using studio time that afternoon. That sounds a bit ambitious, but I won’t shower/do make up before I drive into work, so I can just get ready there when I’m done running. Alright, I have to do a few things before the day is over. I hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: