Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Mummy hates snow!

I am so behind on updating in this damn thing. I’ve been ridiculously busy and I never seem to have time to get down my thoughts. Let me start with this past weekend. I did Emerson’s first birthday photo shoot. Wow. I am so impressed with the quality of the pictures. He was such a perfect model. I woke up and immediately baked and decorated a cake for him to smash into. It was disheartening to throw away an entire cake that was only in the physical world for two hours, but whatever. The pictures look fabulous and I couldn’t be happier. I cannot believe my little bubbs is going to be a year old! I did the photos now because I have so much to prepare for his birthday. Doing this now seemed better. I am still so blown away. These are the best pictures I have ever taken. I know I am NOT a professional photographer, so I’m sure someone who is will rip these apart, but I am pretty proud of myself. I built the set and did all of the editing myself. I spent a total of $10 when people spend hundreds. You know I am all about saving a buck. This is right up my alley, plus I love being able to tap into my creative side. It really feeds my soul as cheesy as that sounds! Please let me know what you all think of my pictures!

After the photos, my house was a wreck. I had to clean Emerson up and the floor. There was cake smashed everywhere. Luckily, I cleaned it all up pretty easily. After cake smashing, we headed to my parent’s house to visit. Dad seems okay. He has an appointment on Thursday to talk through managing his kidney failure. He’s already hating eating healthy and is calling it “healthy doctor crap” Mum is trying her best to find a variety of recipes, so that he doesn’t get bored. Dad picked Em up and hurt himself though, so no more of that. He can hold him when he’s sitting. We stayed for dinner and hung out awhile. We had a nice time. My dad and Emerson played for so long. Listening to their giggles was so cute. They both crack me up so much! On Sunday, we stayed locked in the house all day. It was nice to be lazy. I did a lot of prep for Emerson’s birthday party. I got the birthday banners, treat bags, and food tent labels all done! I’m making some good headway. I’m hoping to have it all done and decorated in advance, so that I don’t have to rush around the day of. The good thing about having it at home is that I can slowly put up the decorations!

Outside of that, we haven’t really been doing much. The weather is such ass right now. I wish it would stop snowing. I was able to get Emerson up to daycare, but now I’m worried about getting him home. Ugh! I am so not prepared for this. I don’t care if it’s cold out. I just don’t want it to snow! Say some extra prayers that I can pick Emerson safe and sound later.

We don’t have much going on this week/weekend. Just laying low and saying our pennies. We’ll go visit my parents to get out of the house. Emerson’s party isn’t costing me that much money. Around $130, but that is a lot of money to come up with in such a short time, especially right after Christmas. I just have to be extra cautious and make sure that we aren’t spending unnecessarily. It makes for some boring weekends, but it’ll pay off on birthday party day. Even after his birthday, I feel like funds are STILL tight. The beginning of the year is always like this. I have no idea why. Once the weather warms up, It’ll be nice because we can at least go to the park, which is free!

Emerson is going to be transitioning into the one year old room at daycare. It makes me so sad! Happy that the rate will hopefully decrease, but sad because he’s getting so big. I just cannot get over the fact that it’s been nearly a year. Such a hard, but incredible year. He still isn’t fully walking independently. I think it’s just a confidence thing. He walks, but hangs onto random objects to get around. He does let go and freely walks, but when he realizes it, he drops to his knees. He’s all around though. It’s fun to watch! Alright, I am going to get off of here now. I am panicking over this snow!


No comments: