Thursday, January 8, 2015

Mummy is beat

I hate to admit this, but I’m downright exhausted. Work has been such a bear lately. While I appreciate the fact that I have a job, sometimes I really just need a break. It’s nice to be in demand and needed, but I really need a slow day soon. I’m so tired by the time Emerson and I get home. Luckily, he’s pretty whooped too and we’ve been getting to bed between 730-8pm. The only downside is he hasn’t been napping at daycare. He’s so overtired that he’s not resting well at night. Tossing and turning and randomly waking up crying is not aiding in my sleep either. We just need to get back on track. The holidays really threw us off. I also think he’s trying to get himself down to one nap a day. Clearly, he needs more than that. I’m planning on working from home tomorrow so that I can avoid commuting in this weather. That’s become a bear too. Negative temperatures while waiting on the bus is driving me bonkers. I can’t wait for the temps to rise well into the 30’s this weekend. It’s sad when you want 30 degree weather. I’ll take it over this torture though. I wore sweat pants over my dress pants today. It helped a little. The bus had little to no heat this morning, so it really didn’t matter anyway.

I plan on grocery shopping after work tomorrow. We’re nearly out of everything. I want to make sure we’re stocked up, so that we can hibernate all weekend. I don’t want to have to take the baby out in this cold weather. My sister wants to go to the mall tomorrow though. I’d rather wait until Sunday when the weather is warmer. She’ll be in the neighborhood to drop my nephew off, so I’m thinking I’ll suggest that. I want to run errands and put laundry away before I pick Emerson up from daycare tomorrow. I’ll be rushing around even more if I know we have plans with my sister too. Today, my dad has an appointment regarding his kidney failure. I seriously hope they have some positive news for him. The appointment isn’t for another 2 hours, so I won’t find anything out until later this evening. He said that he’s still in a lot of pain, so obviously it isn’t resolving itself yet. I’ll update you all when I find out more.

Other than that, I don’t have too much going on. Just more party planning. The pictures I ordered to make Emerson’s photo banner should be here today, or tomorrow. I can’t wait to put it together. I worked really hard on the decorations. Let me know what you guys think. Below is just a small snippet of what I’ve made. I made tons of treat bags and pieces for the big banner and photo banner. I also made a highchair banner too, but I might re-do it. Now that I’ve made the banner pieces, I think I can do a much better job on the highchair banner. We’ll see if I have time.

So, I was asked out for coffee this week. I entertained the idea for a second, but now I’ve changed my mind. I just don’t feel like it. While the idea seems nice, I just can’t get into the mindset of casually dating, or even seriously dating. I don’t have the energy or time to devote to someone else. The baby is always going to be my number one priority. I don’t feel that anyone would ever be okay with that even if they say they’d be okay with that. The idea of finding someone, getting married, and potentially having more children sounds amazing, but going through the motions sounds awful. I don’t feel like it. I’ve lost all faith in men too. I wish I could skip all of the bullshit and just get down to what the person is really like. Skip the fake, honeymoon stage to even see if I like someone’s true personality enough to spend time with them. I guess that isn’t the way things work though. I can tell when people are being fake with me though and it happens ALL of the time. I can’t stand it. The second anyone mentions Emerson, I get creeped out. You can tell they think name dropping my kid makes them a shoe-in. It really doesn’t. It’s annoying to assume I’d expose my child to anyone before I even know that person. What kind of mother would I be? Who would even want to date someone like that? I want to ask these guys that, but that requires time and energy. None of which I have. I don’t really care for the answer anyone. It’s just annoying. Maybe I’m bitter?

Alright, I have so much work to finish up…Have a good day, all!




No comments: