Friday, January 2, 2015

Mummy's bad news :(

New Year’s Eve was really fun! After daycare, Emerson and I went home for a bit. My mom had to work until 8pm, so we didn’t head over to my parent’s house until 7:15pm. We hung out with my dad for an hour until my mom got home. We helped him cook and just chatted and played with the baby. When mom got home, we all ate and just hung out. Emerson ended up crashing at 10pm. He made it much later than I thought. I was surprised that I made it until midnight! It was nice watching the ball drop with my parents. Afterwards, the baby and I headed home. Emerson slept for an additional 8 hours! Happy New Year to me! He is FINALLY back into a normal sleeping pattern. It was so bad for about a week, but I’m glad it’s done and over with…until the next sleeping spell!

On New Year’s Day, the baby, dog, and I headed back over to my parent’s house. We made so much food the night before that we heated it all back up and ate it for dinner. The dog was so well behaved. She hasn’t been to my parent’s house since the 4th of July. Their house still feels so empty since Chloe passed. I know they appreciated having the dog there to make it feel like home again. She was beyond exhausted by the time we went home. Emerson was too. We all slept very well last night. I woke up early and had time to clean up and do dishes before I woke Emerson up for daycare.

My mom texted me this morning to let me know that her and my dad were at the hospital. My dad woke with really bad back pain. He was crying and begging her to help him. They headed to the hospital where they were told that my dad has kidney failure. We are all freaking out so badly. They released him, but he had to make an appointment with his pcp. He goes next week. I was doing some research and it seems that the best way to reverse this is through a monitored diet. I’m hoping he can reverse it and avoid something more serious like dialysis, or worse, a transplant. I don’t want to get too far ahead of myself though. We are all so freaked out and I was already crying at work. I just want him to be okay! This is not how I anticipated beginning the year. Please say a prayer, all. I love my dad so much. We all do. I don’t know what we would do without him. He’s the best guy I know. Okay, I’m tearing up again. I have to stop talking about this, but I will update you all as we learn more.

I took a half day of work on New Year’s Eve and undecorated Christmas, rearranged my living room, and set up a little man cave for Emerson to play in. I just wanted to give him his own space in the living room to avoid tons of toys being scattered around. It turned out adorably. In addition to that, I made his birthday party invitations and his high chair banner. Both came out just as adorable. This weekend. I’m planning on doing his birthday pictures and making the treat bags for his party. I’m hoping both go well, especially the pictures. I feel a lot has to come together for the pictures, which means there is a lot of room for error. Alright, I am really busy today, so I have to end this early. I hope you guys all have a great weekend. Extra prayers for my family. Thanks!

No comments: