Thursday, January 15, 2015

Mummy's Miserable

I haven’t had any time to blog at all. I’m so bogged down at work. To be honest, I am pretty miserable. I wish there was some better delegation and organization. Anytime I say anything though, I’m brushed off. I was told to just work overtime. The problem is I already am! There is only so much I can do when I’m in town. I have to get to daycare by 6pm, so I can’t hang out here all night. We’re only permitted to work from home one day a week. That’s the day I’ve been putting in overtime. I do about 2 hours a day. When I’m in office, I never take lunch and I’ve skipped a lot of pumping too. I’m just exhausted. I hope things start to slow down a bit and get a little better. I hate feeling so miserable and hateful. I won’t go into much detail either, but there is so much bugging me here lately. I’ll keep work out of my blog like I always do, but just know it’s on my brain and really beating me up lately. I’m more than appreciative of having a job, but I think there has to be some boundaries. I don’t feel very respected lately and I attribute that mostly to being a female. It’s been quite evident. I’ll stop now.

Outside of that, the weekend was pure hell. Emerson ended up with a BAD stomach virus on Friday night. Shitting and puking all over! Of course, we ate pizza for dinner, so that was just glorious. I don’t think I can ever look at pizza the same again. I felt so bad. He threw up from 8pm until 4:30am. He woke every 30 minutes. At one point, it was just dry heaves, which is actually worse than puking. He had no fever though. I made sure to give as much pedialyte as he could stomach. He still wanted to nurse, though he started to toss that too. Finally, he leveled off enough to keep down some broth, breastmilk, and pedialyte. On Sunday, I ended up with the same damn thing only ten times worse. I literally felt like I was dying. My mom came over for the afternoon to help me with the baby. After 36 hours of no food, I was okay. I had to take Monday off of work though. I sent Emerson to daycare and laid on the couch for most of the day. Now, we both have a cold. It sucks. I just want us to be healthy again. I’ve never felt so disgustingly thin in my life. I’ve lost so much from being sick and just from working and not being able to eat lunch. Anyway, after my mom came over to help me, her and my dad ended up with the same stomach virus. I feel so horrible. They both seem better, but it does knock you down for a few days. I still do not feel 100% and this cold isn’t helping. I can tell Emerson isn’t feel very well either. Pray that we can have a healthy weekend. He and I have barely been out of the house in two weeks between being sick and this weather. Saturday, it’s supposed to be 38 degrees with no snow. I’d like to at least walk around the mall, or something. I’m sick of sitting in the house. We haven’t seen my sister, or nephew since Christmas! Unreal!

Emerson is starting his transition into the 1 year old room at daycare. We had to buy shoes for him the other day to wear. We also had to buy sippy cups. Bottles aren’t permitted in that room, nor are bare feet, which I think is stupid. He can’t even fully walk on his own yet. He can’t walk at all with the shoes. I was told to not buy the soft soles, which would have made sense. I should have bought them anyway and stuck with my gut. A few other teachers at the daycare told me I should have just bought the soft soles. No one can really tell you what shoes the kid can or can’t wear there every day. I need to smarten up. I’m his mom and I know best. The shoes I bought are nice, but there is no way. They don’t bend at all. He isn’t ready for that. This weekend, I hope to find something more suitable for him.

His party is in about two weeks. I’m really excited about it. I have mostly everything done. I just need to tie up some loose ends. No one rsvp’d though. I don’t get that, but whatever. Maybe they didn’t think they needed to. I’m really excited about it though and I can’t wait to set everything up. Other than that, nothing too much is going on. I just really, really want us to start to feel better again. I am just absolutely miserable and trying my hardest to be cheery. It isn’t easy though.

I hope all of you are doing well. I’m sorry I’ve been so absent lately. It’s just been rough!

No comments: