Monday, January 26, 2015

Mummy is STILL sick!

Well, we had another very ill weekend. To be honest, I am petrified of weekends now. The last three have been awful for us. Emerson’s birthday party is this upcoming weekend, so I hope luck starts to be on our side and we both have some relief. Please say a HUGE prayer for us. We need health. Not just because of his birthday and his birthday party. It’s been three weeks of misery. We’ve both suffered so much. It’s time.

So, here is what happened. On Saturday, we woke up, got ready, and headed out shopping with my mom to buy Emerson’s birthday cake/cupcake supplies. He seemed a little warm before we left the house. Nothing too crazy though. I gave him some Tylenol and we went on our way. He was still acting like himself, so I wasn’t sure if maybe he was getting another tooth, or what. As the day progressed, he started to look worse and worse. I kept obsessing over how warm he was and asking my mom to check just to see if maybe I was wrong. When we got back to my parent’s house, I gave Emerson some Motrin to bring his fever down. About 1 minute later, he puked everywhere. All over me. It was unfuckingbelievable the amount of puke that came out of him. At the same time, he went completely spacey in his face, and stopped breathing. His entire face turned beet red. It freaked all of us the hell out! He started breathing again, but seemed OVERLY tired. My mom and I decided we needed to take him to the emergency room. His peds was closed by that point, so we just wanted to take him to the closest hospital. I ended up having to borrow a tee from my mom because I was that covered in puke. Anyway, we were seen almost immediately at the hospital. Em had a fever of 101.5. The doctor checked his ears and found that his left ear was very infected, which was probably the cause of the fever and puking. No antibiotics would be given until Emerson could keep some pedialyte down. He threw up so many times at the hospital. The doctor kept threatening that they’d have to do an IV if he didn’t hold liquid down. He ended up falling asleep for a while. My mom, dad, and I let him sleep, then when he woke up, I nursed him. Finally, he kept something in his belly. The doctor gave him some antibiotics and sent us home with a prescription. He seemed world’s better last night. I’m so happy. I just hope he was okay at daycare today. He’s supposed to get meds three times a day. Daycare doesn’t administer anything, so he won’t get another dose until we get home around 5:30pm. His last dose was at 5:50am!

Yesterday, my ear REALLY started to bother me. I was given ear drops last week for my ear infection and thought I’d start to feel some relief. I woke this morning in pain and can’t hear out of my left ear. I went back to the doctors and it was confirmed that I have an inner and outer ear infection now. The outer ear looks a little better, but I guess the drops weren’t reaching far enough into my ear to heal. Now, I’m on a different antibiotic. I’m praying to get some quick relief. I’m sick of not being able to hear! It’s driving me insane!

On top of that, the weather is ridiculous. We were pounded with snow, but lucky because the roads were pretty clear. I hear it’s snowing pretty badly now. I’m at work and so worried about getting to the baby and getting home safely. I cannot stand this weather. I parked closer to the daycare today and caught the bus in a different spot, so that I can just be let off of the bus at daycare at the end of the day. This way, if it’s too bad to drive, we can just walk home. Don’t ask me how the hell we’re doing that. I have a lap top, my pump bag, and I’ll have Emerson and his diaper bag. We don’t live THAT close. It’s not like I can just leave my shit in the car either to come back to get it later. I’d still have to tow Emerson up and back. I am just so fucking sick of this stupid ass weather. I’m sick of bitching about being sick and the weather too. I just want good health and good weather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emerson’s first birthday is on Thursday. I just don’t want sickness, or the weather to ruin it. He deserves to have a fantastic birthday. He’s such an amazing little boy!!!!!!!!!!!! I can’t wait to celebrate with him. Party planning is going well. We still need some things, but I’m hoping I can get them this week. I don’t think the snow will be a bother this weekend, but you never know. I hope it doesn’t ruin his party. Okay, I have so much to do! I hope you all have a great week!


No comments: