Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Mummy is sick of being sick

So, it’s been out 24 hours that I’ve been on antibiotics and I don’t feel like I’m getting better at all. I know it’ll take some time, but I honestly thought I’d start to feel a little better. It really worries me and makes me feel like I won’t ever be able to hear again. This is driving me so crazy! I just want to be able to hear again  We had a meeting this morning at work and it honestly made me want to puke being in a room with many people talking and hardly being able to hear a thing. I just hope by tomorrow I sense some kind of relief. Emerson seems so much better. He does have a cough, but other than that, he seems fine. I’m glad. I don’t want him to be down in the dumps on his birthday, or the day of his party. We’ve been battling this for so long. I honestly am so exhausted with it.

The roads were really bad last night. When I got off of the bus, I walked over to my car, which was buried under about 5 inches of snow. After I dug it out and tried to drive to pick Emerson up, I got stuck in the parking lot. It was unreal. I was finally able to get myself out. That wasn’t even the worst part. After Em and I were in the car, I started to drive and we slid down a hill. I was freaking out! All I kept thinking was we were going to wreck and die. I ended up turning around and barely making it back up the hill. We made it home safely, but not without sliding off of the road several times. I’m PRAYING the roads are fine when I leave work today. I’m so freaked out to drive now! I parked at the park n ride too, so I have a bigger distance to travel before getting to daycare. Then, I have to figure out where the hell I’m going to park because I can’t park in the lot where I normally do, or I’ll get stuck. I got stuck in the daycare lot this morning. I’m just so fucking fed up with this shit.

Outside of that, nothing much is going on. I need to file my taxes. I did them yesterday online, but didn’t file yet. I need the daycare’s tax id, so that I can plug in the $6,000 that I paid them last year. I know how much I’m getting back already. I want to put that money towards getting a better car. Then maybe I won’t have to be this paranoid to drive in the snow. While I was doing my taxes, they asked me some funny questions. “Can Emerson’s other parent claim him” “Did Emerson stay with you more nights in 2014, or his other parent” HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good one, turbo tax! The entire time I was answering the questions I was honestly laughing. At least I haven’t lost my sense of humor.

The girls at daycare are putting together a recipe book. They sent a note home asking all of the parents to send it a few recipe, so Emerson and I made a little recipe book last night! We filled it with a few of his favorite snacks and then a chili dog casserole recipe. Yummy! I know the girls meant for us to just write it down on generic paper, but I don’t do anything that bland. I got out pink cardstock, cut several sheets, tied it together with ribbon, then added adorable blue polka dotted bows and blue cardstock with the recipes written on it. I wrote “Chef Emerson” on the front! Super cute!

Okay, I have to go make some soup and finish up some things here. I hope everyone is staying warm!




No comments: