Thursday, April 30, 2015

Mummy bought a car!!!!


Yesterday was just beyond crazy. I BOUGHT A CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know, I know. I’ve been talking about this for quite a while. It all happened so quickly. You all know I received my tax refund FINALLY. So, I decided to reach out to a friend who just started working at a dealership. I’ve been looking at a particular car, so I thought I’d see what incentives they had to offer, etc. After going back and forth for a while, I felt like we had something pretty reasonable. After work, my mom, Emerson, and I headed to the dealership. I’m so glad my mom came with me. Emerson was a complete NIGHTMARE. You guys have no idea. He broke the finance manager’s computer, he threw about 10 different hissy fits in the middle of the place, and was just out of control! I’ve never seen him be so wild before. My poor mom! She was so frustrated by the time we left and she’s usually so calm, cool, and collected with him. Anyway, we were not there very long because pretty much everything was taken care of prior to our arrival. I traded in my old car too. I was sad to see it go, but so very excited to begin a new adventure with my brand new 2015 Ford Focus!

My old car had so many issues that I NEVER spoke about for fear that I’d jinx myself. Yesterday, it stalled in the middle of the a busy ass highway! I freaked out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Luckily, people passed me and the car ended up moving again. This all happened right before we had to drive on the damn turnpike to get to the dealership! I was freaking out thinking we’d get stuck out there. Thank God we didn’t. Anytime I ever put gas in my car, it wouldn’t start. It wouldn’t turn over right after I pumped, which was so odd! Because of that, I never got gas with the baby in the car. I never wanted both of us to be stranded, so I always waited until after work or before work. After a couple of minutes and turning the key a few times, it would slowly sputter and turn on. What the hell?! The scariest issue I had with my car was with the wheels. Something was not right and my car would slide. The ABS light and low trac light would come on, and my car would literally slide even if the ground was dry, so I always had to be careful to never hit the brake REALLY hard. The weird thing is it wouldn’t slide AFTER those lights came on. If I put the car in reverse, those lights usually came on, then I didn’t have the sliding issue, but until they came on, I’d slide forward on the road. What the hell?! It was just time!

Let’s talk finances because I know you are all wondering how I am paying for this car. I have my entire tax refund and enough money to cover the payments for the next year. Essentially, it feels like I have a new car without the payments because I’m not using any of my incoming money.  I was told I should NOT have an issue with my refund next year, so I will be in the clear with another year of payments once I receive that. Is it risky to basically base my payments off of my refund? Yes, but I am not an asshole. I have the money for the next year and I plan on doing the same thing next year too. If push came to shove, I’d just use my income to cover the payments, but I won’t need to worry about doing that. I’m very, very happy with my decision. I’ve never owned a brand new car in my life.  I’m still in shock.

Emerson’s car seat fits so much better too. I can put him into his seat without climbing into the back. It is so much nicer and he even seems more comfortable! He was cheesing ear to ear this morning. I don’t think it has really hit me yet either that we have a new car. I was so exhausted by the time we got home last night. We weren’t even at the dealership very long, but with Emerson’s crazy antics, the drive, and anxiety over such a large purchase, I was beat. I still am! I was told so many times yesterday that I deserve this car so much. My mom kept telling me how proud she was of me too. It felt REALLY good and validated my decision to purchase. More importantly, we finally have a SAFE vehicle. It was so scary driving around in that car.

I don’t know where we go will from here. I feel content. I also feel nervous though. Even though I have the money to cover the payments, it still makes me nervous. Anything to do with money makes me nervous. We are definitely taking a backseat to toy purchases and extracurricular things for quite some time. Em has his yard toys and we have a safe car. I’m content. It’s time to just live and appreciate what we do have. No more upgrades for a while!

Alright, everyone. I hope you all have a really, really great day!!!!!

No comments: