Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Busy busy!!

We had such a busy, but fun Labor Day weekend. On Friday, we didn’t do anything outside of the usual. After daycare, we went home and hung out, had dinner, bath, then Em went to bed. I rented The Age of Adaline. Wow. It was absolutely incredible! If you guys are looking for a good movie to rent, I’d highly recommend that. I’ll be watching it again for sure. On Saturday, we had no plans, but I knew I wanted to do something with Em. My best friend posted on her Facebook that she was going to Sandcastle, which is a water park for all of you non-Pittsburghers. We jumped on the band wagon and decided to head to the waterpark for the day too. We had time to kill after purchasing our tickets at Giant Eagle, so we headed over to my parent’s house for a bit. I had no idea they were babysitting my nephew, so we decided to take him with us. We had an amazing time! It was awesome because the water only came up to Emerson’s chest, so he was able to walk and run around with no issues. He went under a couple of times too, which gave me a heart attack, but he liked it and kept doing it. He went down all of the sides, which was so freaking cute. It was such an awesome day, and a great way to end the summer. Afterwards, we dropped my nephew back at my parent’s house. Em slept on their couch for about an hour. He was pooped. We went home, had dinner, bath, then he went to bed.

Sunday, I had to go to a funeral for my friend’s aunt. It was such a weird weekend. Dressing up for a funeral, then dressing down for a cookout. My best friend watched Emerson for me, so that I could go to the funeral myself. I was so appreciative of that. After I picked Em up, we went home, he took a nap, and I got ready for the cookout at my parent’s house. Em slept for about two hours. He must have been worn out from playing with Heather. We finally headed to my parent’s around 3pm. We swam, ate, and just had a really good time with everyone. Em was tuckered out by the time we got home. He went to bed at his usual time. I rented Crazy, Stupid, Love, which is one of my favorite movies.

On Monday, the office was closed for Labor Day, so Em and I met my mom for breakfast around 915am. Afterward, we went home, and Em played in the yard in his splash pad and pool for a few hours. He took a nap from 1-3pm again. I got ready, packed his bag, and waited for him to wake up, so that we could go to my sister’s cookout. We headed over there until about 6pm. We had a really nice time. It was nice to finally meet her fiancé’s family. Em had a good time running around. When we got home, we played for a while. I actually let him stay up later than usual. After he went to bed, I did nothing but lay on the couch watching t.v. This week, we don’t have much planned. We do have a surprise 30th birthday party on Saturday, but outside of that, we have nothing. I’m okay with that too! I have to do some grocery shopping. We have pretty much NOTHING at home. I’m hoping to get to the store right after work today.

I can’t believe summer is over. I wish we did more, but the things we did were really fun, and I’m glad we have those memories. We went to Kennywood, the zoo, the children’s museum, Sandcastle, The lake, camping, swimming, the splash park, living treasures, the animal farm, many ice cream outings, etc. I’m not prepared for cold weather, and snow. I am excited for all of the upcoming fall activities though. Hopefully we have a lot longer before it starts to get really cold. It’s supposed to be 93 today, so I don’t think we need to worry just yet!

Alright guys! I hope you all have a fabulous week!

No comments: