Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Emersons new shoes

After I was done working yesterday, I went and did our weekly grocery shopping. Then, I went home, put everything away, then picked Em up from daycare. We headed to my parent’s house to pick up my mom. She took us shoe shopping. She wanted to get Em some new fall shoes. He ended up getting two pair. One is a light up cars shoe and the other is an adorable gray and blue canvas shoe. He wore the light up ones today. So freaking cute. It’s funny to see him with an actual sneaker on. He’s never worn one before. He’s always had boat shoes, crocs, and sandals. He needed shoes badly though, so I’m very appreciative of my mom doing that for us. He still needs some new fall clothes too. Right now, he’s still wearing shorts to daycare, but it has been warm enough that we can still get away with that. He does need some stuff though.  I think we’ll make a quick trip up to once upon a child this weekend to grab a couple of things.

After we were done shopping, we went back to my parent’s house for dinner. Emerson didn’t eat anything. He’s usually such a good eater too. I guess we’re entering a new phase where he just wants to say “No” anytime you ask if he wants to take a bite. When we got home, I actually gave him dinner and he nibbled on that for a while. I was just glad that he put something in his belly. Then, he had a bath, then bedtime. I meal prepped, then worked on a fun Halloween decoration for my table. I made mason jar votives that look like candy corn. I need a second coat on them, so I’ll work on that tonight. I was pleasantly surprised at how cute they looked when I was done. Tonight, I’m working on making some fall stacking blocks to put on my shelves. I’m trying to not make everything look too Halloween-ish, so that I can keep it up for Thanksgiving.  Some things will need to be swapped out, but I’m trying to make everything pretty versatile. I’ll do the same for Christmas/Winter. I’ve never really decorated my house for the holidays, so I’m having a good time doing this. I still need to put something out on the porch, but I haven’t quite figured out what I want to do yet. I do think I want to do something more fall, so that I can just keep it out there through Thanksgiving. I’d like to use pumpkins. The only issue is them going bad. Real pumpkins are cheaper than fake, but I guess I can reuse the fake ones next year, so it’s a good investment. I guess we’ll see. I’ve been looking for cute ideas though for that. I just want to try to make the house a bit more cozy.

I want to start my Christmas shopping. I’m keeping it very small this year. I’m going to do some cute, homemade gifts, but then incorporate a gift card too. It’ll keep costs down. I don’t want to go crazy. I just want to focus on Emerson and being able to do things with him like visiting Santa, and seeing the lights. Plus, doing some Christmas crafts too. I know no one cares if they get one gift, or 20, but I always feel like I have to go nuts. I’m not going to do that this year. I’m going to be practical.

I hope this week is so uneventful. I’m excited to work out tonight. I’ve been off my game since about Friday. I did the color run on Saturday, but I ate like crap on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. It feels good to be back to the grind. I’m going to the gym with my friend at 12:30 to do an upper workout from my DVD. I honestly can’t wait. No cheat day this upcoming weekend either. Because I wrecked Monday, I have to be on my game until at least Sunday night. That means no pizza for dinner this weekend like we typically do. Emerson has been a little cookie and cake monster these last few days too, so I’m keeping him on track too. I got my special friend yesterday, so that explains A LOT. I was wondering why I felt so out of control these last few days. I do not get visits very often either. It’s always random too, which I hate. It seems to be worse this time, so I hope it doesn’t last forever. I think it came around about 1.5 months ago and It lingered for much longer than I would have liked!

Alright, All. Have a great day!

No comments: