Thursday, September 24, 2015

Fuckin pink eye?!!

I woke up yesterday morning to eye pain, itchiness, a little bit of swelling, and a bit of redness. My initial thought: PINK EYE. Ugh. I was really careful to not touch my eyes at all. Hand sanitizer like whoa. I got Em up, then checked him. He was fine. I sent him to daycare, then went into work. I had some drops that I was using from when I had an eye infection before. My eyes started to feel a lot better, and they didn’t even look pink/red. When I got home, again, I was very careful. I kept sanitizing my hands, and even kept sun glasses on. I did not want Emerson catching whatever this is. Today, I went to the doctor. They diagnosed me with pink eye. Of course. I got some antibiotic drops and already took one dose. I feel better already. I’ve had pink eye before and it was awful. Crusty and goopy eyes, plus the pain was the worst. I got off easy this time. I’m not experiencing any of that. My eyes are irritated and itchy, but no goop, or crust. Thank God. I just hope Emerson somehow does not catch this from me. I’m still going to continue being extra careful. Never a dull moment, huh?

Outside of itchy eyes, I’ve been busy crafting! I’m decorating our house for Fall/Halloween. I’m not going over the top though. I want versatility, so I’m making some decorations appropriate for Thanksgiving too. I get more bang for my buck that way. I did make a couple of things that are specific to Halloween, but the best part is I can paint on the other side to make the décor reversible! I plan on doing that with the stacker blocks I made. I can put Thanksgiving sayings on the other side, so all I’ll need to do is flip them over. Genius! I put some pics below! I hope I inspire someone else to  make their own décor. It’s so much cheaper than buying in the store. I just need to do the front porch. Tonight I’m picking up some wood to make a big sign to put out front. It’s going to say “Home of a witch, her handsome devil, and little monster. I’m the witch, Emerson is the handsome devil, and Kodie is the monster. LOL Cute, right? I plan on leaning the sign in the corner of my porch, adding a pumpkin, and a broom. I want to keep it pretty simple. I’ve been all over Pinterest lately, so who knows what It’ll end up looking like, but I’ll post pictures when I’m done. It feels good to get back into crafting. I’ve missed it a lot. Now that I’m working out on my lunch break, I can utilize my evenings to hop back into it.

This weekend, I believe we’re going to the flea market with my mom and older sister. We haven’t seen my sister in a REALLY long time. Father’s Day was the last time we saw her. It’s crazy not seeing someone in your family for an entire summer. We’ll see if those plans stick though. Between her and my mom, the flakiness is unreal. More so on my mom’s end though. I get it though. She just doesn’t care about our family very much. Emerson doesn’t even know her. He is such a social kid though. He is not shy at all and will go up to anyone, even strangers. She probably thinks he remembers her because he’s very open when he does see her, but really, he’s that way with anyone. The truth is, he has no idea who the hell she is. When he gets older though, he will realize a bit more that his aunt is not a part of our family. She is happy with things this way, so I guess that’s all that matters. I hope nothing ever happens to the two people who she is close with and dedicates her life to. She will literally have no one.

The crazy thing is she thinks she’s better than us, which she is not. Even when you talk to her, there is an arrogance there, which I cannot stand. I don’t know why she thinks she is better than me. She talks down to me like I have no job, and we live on the streets. I think she seems to forget where she came from. We both have our own homes, which are both really nice. We both have well- paying jobs (I make more money than her though). She talks down to me like I don’t have my shit together, but she does. We both have it together, so I don’t understand what her problem is and why she feels the need to talk down to me. I think it all surrounds around me being a single mother. To her, that makes me less than and a mess. That couldn’t be further from the truth though. I have something that she will never have. I feel bad for her that she will never experience the joy of having a child. It truly is the best thing in the world. Single mother, or not, I’ve been so extremely blessed with Emerson. It is not a downfall of mine, though she seems to view it as one. It really pisses me off. Another thing that bothers me about her is weight. She recently lost 75lbs. Okay? 11 years ago, I lost about 80lbs. So what. She talks to me like I am a size 12 and she’s a size 0. In reality, she is a size 12 and I am a size 0. Not that it matters, but she talks down to me about it. It really ticks me off. She talks to me like I am not healthy, that I don’t eat healthy, and that I don’t work out. Um, hello?!!!!!! There is so much that we can relate on. Our jobs, our homes, and our health, but instead of letting it bring us closer together, she has found a way to have it drive us a part. She speaks to me like I don’t work in a professional office establishment either. Maybe we won’t go to the flea market with them on Sunday. That way, I won’t have to put myself through this. Can I also add that NEITHER OF US have boyfriends, but she speaks to me like she is so independent and I am not. What?! If anything, I AM MORE INDEPENDENT that she is. She has two “friends” who stay with her ALL of the time. She stays at their houses too. I don’t do that. I don’t have anyone at my house to help me. She does. She talks to me like I don’t have a dog. We both have dogs!  I just cannot stand when people talk to me like I cannot relate to them, when in fact, YES I CAN!

The other thing is she only talks about HERSELF. She would NEVER ever ask about my job, my home, my dog, or even my kid. It is WEIRD. She will ONLY talk about her home, her job, her dog, her friends. That is it. If it isn’t about her, she doesn’t want to talk. It drives me MAD. Being in person with her and having a conversation with her is so irritating. Even if we are out and about, she will somehow route a conversation back to herself. Sometimes, I text her photos and she ignores them. I sent her a couple pictures of Emerson a couple weeks ago. It took her SEVENTEEN days to respond. SEVENTEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a picture of EMERSON. Really?! When she finally responded, she sent a picture of herself talking about the fact that she can shop and fit into Junior clothes. Well, congratulations, but so can I. Hell, I can fit into LITTLE GIRL SIZES! You don’t see me texting that. She only wants to talk if you’re complimenting her, or if it is about HER. I try to gear the conversations towards family and Emerson. It really ticks me off. She also is ALWAYS trying to rub it in that she goes out and parties like I am jealous. Actually, I am not. I got all of that out of my system when I could. I enjoyed my 20s THOROUGHLY, but we are in our 30s now. It’s just time to grow up and start to focus on some other things. She has set her life up to be that way though. Some people are just not family oriented, and that’s okay, but you don’t have to try to act like everyone else is jealous that you’re getting drunk all the time. No one cares. LOL

Okay, I have to stop. I’ve irritated myself enough.

LOL

No comments: