Thursday, September 17, 2015

Wow just wow


Yesterday was crazy. My sister and I got into an argument that lead to some nasty exchanges. It all started with a text message from her telling me that my mom was a bitch because she didn’t want her storing her dining room set in one of their spare bedrooms. Duh! I don’t know how to explain this to her. My mom and dad just re-decorated their two spare bedrooms. One is a man cave for dad. The second is a pretty office for my mom. Obviously they are not going to give these rooms up to my sister for storage. She isn’t living there, so they knew they didn’t have to compromise their space. My parents are letting her store my nephew’s bedroom furniture in the man cave room, but the table and chairs was a bit excessive. The entire room would be out of commission. Even if they slept there, the room wouldn’t be able to be utilized if it’s being taken up with a dining set. My mom offered to pay for a storage unit. My sister went mad. She said no one cares about her stuff, that my mom is so messed up, and if she ever needed help she wouldn’t help her. It was just so unnecessary. When my sister gets mad, you cannot rationalize with her at all. She goes so overboard. It’s VERY frustrating, and I absolutely refuse to deal with people like that. There  I was though, trying to rationalize with the irrational.

She accused me of siding with my mom. I was not. I was trying to show her a different perspective. To say that no one cares about her was disrespectful. I’ve opened my home to them, and provided a brand new vehicle. It’s unreal to me that someone can be that rude. She said she’s been appreciative about the whole situation, but I disagree. There is a sense of entitlement there. I cannot stand entitlement. She can’t take over my house, then expect to take over my parent’s house too. She thinks we should all just do what she wants all of the time. Life does not work that way. I’ve worked extremely hard to provide a home for myself and Emerson. That includes working to get a nice car for us too. It takes a BIG person to take in two people and to let them use your stuff. It’s hard for me. I am on a schedule. Emerson has structure. It’s hard to live in a home with someone who does not have ANY of that.

Throughout the conversation, we talked about boundaries and rules. She accused me of treating her like a child, then threatened to go back to her fiancé. I refuse to play the back and forth game. Then go. I don’t care, but don’t come back if you leave. It’s ridiculous that I cannot mention boundaries, and rules without her feeling like I am treating her like a child. Seriously? You have to have boundaries when you’re living with other people. The problem is she has no rules, no structure, nothing. My nephew does what he wants when he wants. All she does is play on her phone 24/7. That’s it. She was pissed at me when I mentioned that Isaiah didn’t even eat dinner on Tuesday night. All he had was pringles. I can’t live that way. You have to feed your kid dinner. She thought that was the most ridiculous thing ever. It honestly makes ME FEEL CRAZY!!!!!!!!!! Am I crazy?! Is it too much to ask that we eat dinner together? If we aren’t eating dinner together, then they have to go down into the basement until Emerson is done. Isaiah yelling, “Hurry up, so you can go outside and play” is so distracting. Emerson barely wants to eat then. When he wakes up at midnight screaming from hunger, I’m going to have to deal with it, NOT them. If you aren’t eating with us, then you have to go downstairs to do your homework, or something at that time. I can’t tell her that though. She gets so offended like I should bow down to her. I’m sorry, but YOU NEED ME. I do not NEED you, so I don’t understand why my life has to be so disrupted and I have to make sure they are 100% comfortable and happy. I told her that my house isn’t a free for all. Yes, there is structure because that’s what these kids need! She freaked out.

When I got home, we didn’t talk about it. She didn’t apologize for being so rude to me either. We did eat dinner together, but it was awkward. After Em went to bed, they had the entire living room and television, so the dog and I had to go to bed at 7:45pm. I am hoping once the cable is installed in the basement, they retreat down there. It’s ridiculous that I have to go to bed at 7:45pm just to relax, and watch t.v. I know it’s going to suck all weekend. They can sleep in until 11am. I can’t. I’ll be up at 650-7am with Emerson. I like to rent movies on Friday, and Saturday nights. I know I won’t be able to do that at all this weekend. They’ll be on my t.v. the whole time in the living room. I know I can’t even ask them to go down into the basement because they’ll be so offended. Help me, guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What can I do?! I seriously cannot talk to her at all. The second I mention ANYTHING she snaps! I can’t live like this every day and be miserable. There is a way that we can make it work, and to live cohesively without wanting to kill each other. It isn’t fair that I have to just shut my mouth and go along with what THEY want! I’m already not using my car ALL day and walking home from the bus stop. On top of that, I’m not even using my livingroom either after Em goes to bed. They get the house to themselves, and my car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, I have to stop!

No comments: