Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Our weekend

This weekend was bananas. Friday, I was off of work, so after I took Em to daycare, Britt and I went to our hair appointment. I wasn’t able to have my hair colored. The salon called me the night before to cancel my entire appointment because the stylist was sick. I was pissed. How can you cancel my appointment when I am obviously booked with another person with the SAME last name as me. Idiots. I told them it was unacceptable. We were coming in for her damn birthday. Figure it out. They called back and said they had an hour block of time that I could have. It wasn’t long enough to color my hair, but I could have it cut, then styled. I obviously took this deal. I still think they should have given me some kind of discount, but I didn’t push the issue. We had a great time. It was nice to spend time together without the kids. That doesn’t happen often.

Oh, let me back up a little bit too. My sister moved back in with her fiancé. It turned into such a HUGE fight between my parents and her. Rightfully so, they were quite upset over her decision, but given the fact that’s she is 30 years old, they can’t really do much about it. It’s such a bad idea though, but she won’t listen to anyone. I am more than sure that he will continue to beat up on her. It is so unreal to me that we know she is living in those conditions, but can’t do a damn thing about it. Some girls are just absolutely stupid.

Okay, anyway, we got our hair done, then went shopping to pick up some stuff for the color run, which was the next day. We kept it pretty basic. Black leggings, white shirts, and colorful sports bras. Afterwards, we went to have sushi for lunch, then did a bit more shopping. I took Britt to work, then picked up the Good Luck cake that I ordered for my best friend’s surprise going away party, which was that night. It was just a busy ass day. After I picked up the cake, I went home to put it away, then rushed to get ready for that night. Then, I zoomed over to daycare to pick up Emerson. When we got home, I let him play for a while, gave him a snack, then bathed him. We left the house around 620pm. It took about 20 minutes to get to the brewery that I was having the party at. When we got there, my friend’s mom was there. Wow, she was super bitchy telling me that it was jam packed inside, and that we would have an hour wait just to get a table. I had already called in advance and spoke with the manager. I asked if he’d be kind enough to hold a bar table for us, so that I could at least set the cake down. When I invited everyone, I told them it would be CASUAL. We were hanging in the bar area and would snag tables as they came available. I don’t know why this lady was being such a bitch to me. When I got inside, it wasn’t jam packed. Yes, all the tables were taken, but we had our table, so I was happy. All the people around us offered up their tables when they left, so we actually ended up with about 4 big tables! It was really nice. Again, I said it was a casual gathering anyway, so most of the guys stood around talking anyway. We all ordered food and pretty much just used the table to house our food, drinks, and the kids. Anyway, everyone was having a great time hanging out. We were all anticipating Heather, Steve, and Cam’s arrival. All of a sudden, BOOM! They came through the door. I screamed “Surprise!!!!!!!!!!” Her face was priceless! I almost cried just from her reaction!

She had a hunch that we had planned SOMETHING, but had no idea it was going to be quite that large. I invited her husband’s friends too that he hasn’t seen in a while, so that made it even better. They both had a bunch of people to hang out with. It was incredible. We had a great time. I was so nervous that Emerson would be extra cranky because we’d be out well past his bedtime, but he was fine. He did end up falling asleep on someone’s shoulder while we were there. It was too freaking cute. I’m glad it went so well. I was nervous. It’s stressful planning stuff like that because you never know how it’ll turn out. It was perfect though!

Em and I got home around 10:30pm. Britt got dropped off after work. We had the color run the next day, so she slept over. The color run. Wow. What can I say about that. It was amazing and so much fun!!!! I’m so glad we went. We dropped Emerson off at my cousin’s house, then headed downtown around 8am. We met up with two of our cousins, a friend of mine, and a couple of other people who tagged along with my cousins. It was amazing. We had a good time getting blasted with color and glitter. It was a 5k, but we walked for most of it. I would have loved to run, but not everyone we were with would have been up to that. It was not a big deal though. It just meant we got to enjoy it longer! Afterwards, we headed to pick up Em, grabbed some lunch, then went home. Em took a nap, and so did i! I was so damn tired. Then, Britt and I got ready, so that we could go to my parent’s house for dinner and cake for her birthday. Emerson was in his glory. Two days in a row with birthday cake. Sunday, we hung out at home pretty much all day. We did sneak out for some errands and visited my parent’s for a bit. Em has a nasty cough. Ugh. I hope it doesn’t linger too long.

This week isn’t too busy. I have a doctor appointment on Friday, but I think that’s all we have outside of work, and daycare. My best friend is moving this week, so I have to figure out how the hell I am getting through that. I’m choosing to ignore it right now. The weather is going to be nice though, so I’m thinking we will hit up the park at least once. My mom wants to buy Emerson some new shoes today, so I think we’re doing that tonight. I’m working from home today, My nephew doesn’t have school, so he’s going to hang out with me today.  Alright, I hope this week is just mellow. We had such a crazy weekend that some chillness would be great. I hope you all have a wonderful week.

No comments: