Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Mummy's baby turned 1!!!!

It has been an entire week since I’ve updated my blog! Where has the time gone?! I’ve been so busy though. Emerson had his very first birthday, which was amazing! I’m still in disbelief that I have a one year old! Thursday was his actual birthday. I took the day off and headed to Emerson’s doctor appointment. The doctor opted out of giving him shots due to his recent ear infection. I need to schedule an appointment for later this month to get that done. The daycare is closed on the 16th, so I’m thinking that’ll be a good day to go. Anyway, he weighs 23lbs and stands at 29 ¼ inches tall! Such a growing boy! After his appointment, we headed to get donuts. It was a part of his birthday treat. Later that night, we headed to my parent’s house to sing happy birthday, eat cake, and open some presents. It was fun. He absolutely loved the cake and dove right in. It was such a great way to spend our 1 year mark together. On top of that, it marked an entire year that I have been breastfeeding. I’m so incredibly proud of myself. It’s no easy feat. I won’t drone on about it, but I am very proud of myself. I’m not looking to stop pumping, or nursing just yet, but I’m happy to celebrate such a big milestone!

On Friday, I sent Emerson to daycare with cupcakes for his classmates and teachers. I made the most adorable cupcake boxes to hold the cookie monster inspired cupcakes that my mom prepared for us. Freaking adorable! The daycare sent home pictures of Emerson and his classmates eating the cupcakes. Cuteness overload! That was day #2 of blue icing. He had a cookie monster birthday cake the night before too! He probably thinks all birthday cakes are blue. Anyway, I took a half day on Friday and had my hair dyed. I’m not sure how I feel about it. It’s not as blonde as I typically go, but it’s much better than what I had. It’s been eight months since I’ve had my hair cut and colored. I had a gift certificate from Christmas though, so it was nice to not have to pay for it and to pamper myself a bit. After having my hair dyed, I picked my sister and nephew up from work and school. They slept over on Friday night to help me set up for the birthday party. I was so appreciative of their help. Without my sister, I wouldn’t have been able to get everything done. We set everything up on Friday night and prepared all of the cookies, so we didn’t have much to do on Saturday outside of waiting for everyone to arrive.

On Saturday morning, I picked up coffee and donuts for breakfast and we all hung around for a while. The party looked incredible. I couldn’t be any happier. All of my hard work finally came together. I put so much time into hand making all of the décor. Everything looked absolutely beautiful and so put together. My expectations were superseded! Emerson looked adorable in his cookie monster shirt too. It seemed like everyone had a really nice time. It was small. We had about 13 people in total, but it was the perfect bunch of people to celebrate such a big day. I ended up taking Kodie over to my parent’s house, so after the party, we headed over there for a while and had dinner. It was a really nice day and I’m very happy with the outcome. Now, I just feel empty without party planning. It’s kind of sad to know that all of that hard work and build up is over so quickly.

Sunday, the weather was supposed to get bad, so the baby and I stayed in all day. It was a chill day. Lots of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and playing with toys. Nothing too crazy. Luckily, the weather wasn’t so bad that we couldn’t make it to work and daycare yesterday. I had Emerson’s car seat installed yesterday. I was so excited about it until we tried using it this morning. I have no idea what the hell was going on, but I couldn’t get the straps to adjust at all when I put him in the seat. It was freezing outside too. We were in the backseat of the car for 20 minutes tinkering around with that damn seat! I’m going to mess with it after work. I talked to the girl who installed it. Apparently I wasn’t doing it right. There’s a part in the front of the seat that allows you to loosen the straps to get the baby in and buckled, but then you tighten it back up. I wasn’t doing that at all. Emerson was freaking the hell out! I ended up having to go back into the house, grabbing the carrier and base, and reinstalling it in my car to take him to daycare. I hope we have better luck this afternoon. What a nightmare. I felt bad putting him through that at 6am! The sad thing is my friend fit him into the straps before installing the seat. It was totally user error. What a failure I was this morning.

This week, we don’t have much going on outside of work and daycare. I’m really over this winter weather. I can’t take it anymore. All of the parking lots are solid sheets of ice right now, so going anywhere is ridiculous. I barely make it in and out of daycare. I hope it isn’t THAT bad today. Maybe some of this ice melted and there are some safe patches to walk on. I just miss the days of being able to go to the park, or playing in the yard. I have such cabin fever. There’s only so much you can do with a 1 year old. It seems that he gets pretty bored of his toys quickly. It makes for a long weekend. I’m hoping to at least visit some friends and my parents this weekend to break things up a bit. Well, weather permitting!

Emerson is on the snack calendar at daycare for two days this month. They’re also having a Valentine’s Day Party, so I guess that’ll be my next mini project to focus on. The week of Valentine’s day, I plan on sending a heart-shaped fruit pizza for snack day and then adorable gold fish cracker Valentine’s for the party. I found both on Pinterest (of course). Aside from that, I guess I should start tinkering with my sewing machine. I haven’t had a chance to since I got it for Christmas. Christmas rolled right into party planning for Emerson’s birthday. Outside of that, I don’t have anything to report. Em and I are both finally feeling better though and I can hear again. I have a few more days of antibiotics left. Em has one more dosage. We both have lingering coughs, but other than that, we feel pretty good. I hope that’s the last of sickness for us. Hospitals and doctors are just not my thing. We need a break from all of that. I’m glad we’re finally on the mend!

Alright, I guess I’m going to wrap this up. I hope everyone is enjoying their week. Stay warm!

No comments: