Thursday, June 18, 2015

Mummy has dreams!!!!


Today is my Friday! Tomorrow, my sister, nephew, Emerson, and I are all going to a trampoline place! I checked it out and there is a kid’s only jump for children under 6 from 10am-noon! I’m so excited. The accompanying parent gets to jump for FREE. I told my sister that she should come up around noon, so that they don’t have to just stand there watching us jump. I think Emerson and I are going to head up around 11am. I don’t really foresee him wanting to jump for more than an hour. I don’t even know if he’ll be able to properly jump. He might get bored with it after 15 minutes, but I think it only costs $6 for him, so I’m willing to pay either way. I think it’ll be fun. Afterwards, they have a bounce house/toddler area that we can migrate to, while my nephew has his turn. I don’t foresee him jumping for hours either. The place looks pretty darn cool, but I can see how it would get old after about a half an hour. Afterwards, we’re taking the kids to lunch. I  honestly think we’re just taking them down the road to Burger King, so they can play in the play place too.  My parents filled their pool up. I think the water will be WAY too cold, but I do believe we’re heading over there afterwards. My nephew is being dropped off to his dad around 4pm, so we want to make sure he gets to see everyone and spend time before he leaves for the California for 5 weeks.

I hear that they are driving from Pittsburgh to California with a total of six people in one car. Good luck to them and their sanity! I’d go freaking NUTS. My sister was really opposed to allowing my nephew to travel via car, but she was authorizing plane, train, or bus. To me, taking the bus is basically the same as a car. It’s nice that you can stop as often as you’d like in a car though. We talked about it yesterday and I told her that my nephew is 11 years old. He wants to see his dad and his dad wants to see  him. There is no reason to fuss and fight over that small detail. Isaiah is old enough to voice if he’d rather not travel that way. It sucks so badly that he will be gone for 5 weeks, but he’s at an age now where he can use the phone and things like that to communicate with my sister. He will be so happy when he comes home. I’m sure he’ll miss her a lot and that’ll make her feel good about this whole thing. Now, don’t get me wrong, I’d be freaking out too if that were my kid. It’s a big drive, but his dad has been in the picture since he was born. They were together until my nephew was 7.5 years old AND they’ve been splitting 50/50 custody of my nephew for about 3 years. His dad just recently moved in March, so up until that point, he had my nephew 3.5 days a week and so did my sister. She was used to sending him off for a few days. It’ll still be hard and sad for her. I’m more than sure of that, but I think she should have more peace of mind knowing that this guy wasn’t randomly in and out of my nephew’s life. He has been around since day 1 and has wanted to be around. I’d have a real issue if he filed off the cuff and decided to invoke visitation across the country. Hell no!

My mom has yet to respond to me about the grill for father’s day. I doubt she is going to go through with it and if she does, it’ll be a late gift, and I do not want to do that to my dad. He does so much for the entire family. He moves the world for my mom, so she should make sure that he has a father’s day gift. She always pulls this though. It’ll be the day of his birthday and she won’t have a card, or anything for him. It drives me nuts. I like being prepared. It sucks now that I feel like we’ll be running out last minute for a gift. I don’t want her to just collect money from me and give him money to have to go and buy the grill himself either. We agreed she’d go get it and have it put together for him. She doesn’t even work today and I doubt she is going to go up and buy the grill. Then, she will use an excuse the rest of the week that she works. She only works until 1pm every day too AND she works across the street from Wal*Mart. She could totally go after work. I should have just orchestrated the entire thing myself. I just asked her again. We’ll see if she answers me. It’s pissing me off though.

So, what else is going on? Well, I am in full swing of Beach Body coaching and loving it. I wish I had done this a lot sooner. I know I said I wouldn’t pound this blog with fitness talk because I have a secondary blog to capture all of that, but I do have to tell you guys that I am loving it. I feel so much better, energized, and happy to focus my extra time and attention on something so positive. I am looking at this on a bigger scale too. Not something that I am doing just as a hobby, or for fun. I’d absolutely love to drive this to the next level and start making some BIG decisions in my life. I really want to buy a house. I know I have not spoken about this before, but I have been thinking about it for quite some time. I would love to be able to be successful enough with this that I can sock away some money to put down on a home for myself and Emerson to grow in.  It’s not a short-term goal by any means, but it is a part of my dream board and something that I am really zeroing in on.  I am trying to keep things in perspective, but I would absolutely love nothing more than to just buy a house in a great school district, and to settle ourselves. I feel like this is a new beginning for us and just a new, better chapter of our lives. I don’t care if anyone thinks I sound cheesy either. I seriously could burst inside. My entire body is smiling and it’s all from making a change and becoming healthier. Something so miniscule has such big consequences. I love it.

Alright, I am going to leave this on a high note. I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!!!!!

No comments: