Monday, June 29, 2015

Mummy's rainy weekend


This weekend was fun! It was rainy, but we made do. On Friday night, I planned a group exercise at my company gym for a few people to try out the 21 day fix program! Boy, I pushed myself so hard! It was incredible! Because I did a workout midday, I didn’t have to spend any time that night working out. After Em went to bed, I rented a movie! American Sniper was AMAZING! It was even more amazing to sit down and watch a movie start to finish. The movie freaked me out a few times, but as a whole, it was good!

On Saturday morning,  we woke up and had breakfast, then headed to the mall. Emerson played in the play place for a long time. He had a ball. It was a mad house in there! So many kids running around. You can definitely tell the weather has been crappy lately. Parents are trying to find anything for their kids to do indoors. The rain was unreal on Saturday though. There was so much water on the ground. After Em grew tired of the play place, we walked around the mall for a bit. I bought him a 4th of July tee and a really adorable “time out” muscle tank. I purchased a pair of 4th of July shorts for myself and a pair of capris. Everything was on sale, so we made out with some good deals. When we got to the mall exit, it was pouring even harder. I had no umbrella, so I told Em we were going to get soaked. Just as we walked into the rain, a woman with an umbrella rushed over to me. She covered us to the car and even covered me, so that I could strap Em in without getting soaked. It was so nice! That definitely restored some faith in humanity that I had lost.

We headed home to have lunch, then Em took a quick nap. I was able to get a workout in and to clean the house, which was nice. After he woke up, we played a little, then went to visit my parents. We even brought the dog with us! Boy, was she tuckered out the rest of the weekend! That 2 hour visit kicked her butt! It cracks me up how she gets so tuckered out from that, but she’s so excited the entire time we visit my parents and during the car ride that it just beats her up. Afterwards, we went home and played some more. Emerson took a late nap, so I did a second workout. The house was clean already and I had nothing else to do, so I decided to sneak in a second workout. It was nice!

After nap, more playtime, then dinner, bath, and bed for Em.  I ended up doing my meal planning and grocery list after he went down for the night.  After I was done doing that, I rented ANOTHER movie! I read all of the 50 shades of grey books, so I thought it was time to see the movie. Wow! Talk about graphic. Sheesh! It was still really good though and followed the book pretty closely. I definitely am looking forward to seeing the other ones as they come out. I was invited to go see the second one this weekend with some girls, but I’ll probably pass. It’s a long weekend and I’m going to plan some things out with Em and my family.

Sunday, we woke up early and went to Dunkin Donuts. I usually treat Emerson once every other weekend. I got a coffee, then came home and put almond milk in it. I’m sticking to my program perfectly! Emerson had his donut and loved it, which I’m not surprised. He’s an eater! Afterwards, we just hung around the house. Em took an early nap, then I did a workout, cleaned the house, and showered. We ran to kmart when he woke up. I ended up buying him a couple of new toys. It has been so rainy lately and we’ve been couped up. I’m bored with his toys, so he probably is too. I’m trying to justify spoiling him. He doesn’t get things very often, but when he does, it’s usually a go big, or go home deal. He ended up getting 2 shirts this weekend, an entire tent/tunnel indoor play set, a set of cars that light up and make noise, and a little vtech toy that makes sound, etc. Em played FOREVER, then ended up taking  a second nap, so I did a second workout! It was amazing! I was able to get dinner done and plated, and the house cleaned before he woke up too! Bonus! We just played the remainder of the night, then Em went to bed, and I sat my butt on the couch until I went to bed!

This week, I’m doing another workout tomorrow with a group of work friends. I’m excited. I kicked their butt last week! It’s also a short week because of the 4th of July. Woot Woot! I am off on Friday, which is exciting. I’m not sure what we’ll do. Maybe meet up with my best friend. Alright, guys. I am out of here. I hope you all have a great week!

No comments: