Friday, June 5, 2015

Mummy's just mumbling


When I picked Em up at daycare yesterday, they notified me that he’s been really tugging on his ears and even trying to jam food/toys inside. Gah, of course he is. We ended up going to my parent’s house for dinner last night. Sure enough, he started pulling at his ears and trying to shove his potatoes inside. I’m taking him to the doctors today. I don’t want to wait and risk it becoming so bad that he’s puking and feverish like the last time. I’m requesting some stronger meds though. He just had one about a month, or so ago. It’s incredible how bitchy he is when he’s sick and how badly he sleeps. We’ve had a REALLY pleasant month since he’s felt better. I don’t want to revert.

Last night, he woke up crying about 45 minutes after I put him to bed, which is not normal. I did give him some ibuprofen before bath just in case he had any discomfort. I definitely think his ear is bugging him more than he’s showing. I was able to get him back down. He did wake up in the middle of the night. I brought him in bed with me. He slept pretty well, but only if I snuggled him, which is another big indicator that he isn’t feeling well. He has no temp though, so we will see what the doctor says. I’m working from home today, so I don’t have an hour commute home and we can actually make it to the docs by 430. That’s the last sign in time to be able to be seen for the walk-in appointments. It sucks we have to do this on a Friday, but I just want him to feel better.

My sister is babysitting him tomorrow, while I attend a wedding. I DEFINITELY don’t want to hold off on getting his ears checked because it’ll be PURE hell for her while she’s watching him. I am off on Monday and considered just taking him then, but there is no reason to hold off. He seemed fine this morning, but I’m not taking any chances. I bought an extension cord, so that I can hook up a tv in Emerson’s playroom for my nephew to play his xbox tomorrow. I know he will probably want to do that most of the day. Emerson would try to turn his xbox on and off and have that thing flipped upside down. It’ll just be better if he has his own space to play without worry. Also, my sister will be able to watch tv after Em goes to bed. She doesn’t have cable at home, so I know she enjoys coming over and getting caught up on some shows.

My parents still have NOT opened up their pool! It’s kind of pissing me off. Yes, it has been unusually cold in the morning and evenings, but come on. At least have it up and running, so when the weather FINALLY warms up, the pool is warming up with it. It is still all murky and yucky. They literally have not done a thing to it. I feel like we aren’t going to be swimming there much at all this summer. If the weather continues to be shitty though, we won’t be swimming anywhere. It’s just nice having a luxury of your own pool. I don’t mind taking Em to a community one, but it’s awesome to hang in your own backyard swimming. I mentioned it again when we were over last night. My mom said she knows, she knows. Okay, well?! Let’s go!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright, I hope everyone has a really good weekend!! I’ll catch ya on Tuesday!

No comments: