Sunday, October 4, 2015

I'm so behind

The last week has been so crazy. I know I haven’t written at all, but bear with me guys. Last Friday, I went to the dentist for a cleaning and check-up. The X-ray showed that I had a pretty bad cavity and needed a root canal. I was freaking out. I scheduled a follow-up appointment to have the procedure done the following Tuesday (this week). I had no pain, or anything. The tooth wasn’t even bothering me, but I wanted to get it done immediately before I did start to have tooth pain. Anyway, I went in on Tuesday. The procedure was long. I sat in the dentist’s chair for a grueling 2.5 hours. My appointment started around 9am. I left there around 11:30am. Some of that time was dedicated to new x-rays when we were done and being fitted for a temporary crown. After I left the dentist, I was VERY numb, so obviously I had no pain at all. When I got home, I took a couple motrin to curb any pain that might appear after the novacaine wore off. I felt okay. I was a bit sore, but that’s normal. The tooth itself wasn’t sore, but the area around it was. My jaw was also sore from holding my mouth open for hours. The pain was completely manageable. Wednesday, I woke up and had pain. My jaw was still hurting, and the tissue in my mouth was sore, especially under my tongue. Eating was not a pleasant experience at all, but I chalked it up to normalcy considering I had the procedure done 1 day prior. Yesterday was the worst. Talking, eating, and even swallowing causes pain. My jaw is still sore, but I’ve been babying it so much that I feel I’m almost doing it to myself. The tissue under my tongue and on the side of my mouth are still sore too. I had ear pain from my jaw too. I went running yesterday, which didn’t help matters either. I was running AND talking, so I just felt a lot of movement in my jaw and mouth. Last night was the worst though. This morning too. I’m calling the dentist at 9. Today is the start of my 3rd day, so I just feel like I shouldn’t be having these issues now. It should be getting better, not worse. The aching is awful though and I’ve just about had it. To go from NO pain at all to this sucks! I’m almost mad at myself for having it taken care of before it gave me a problem. I know that was the responsible thing to do, but my goodness! I am miserable! Last week, I had freaking pink eye! I feel like I cannot win at all. I go back to the dentist on the 16th for the permanent crown and a couple of fillings. After this, I’m going to be even more scared to go to the dentist! I do not want to be in pain. Fix me, and then let me just enjoy my smile for a while pain-free. Thank God the pink eye is gone though. I didn’t pass it to Emerson either, which was a miracle. I battled that all of last week. I just need a break.

I took the day off on Wednesday though. I took Em to the ped for a flu shot and another shot he needed. Afterwards, we had a playdate with a friend of mine and her son. Then, I took him for a haircut. He looks adorable! We had a nice day though.  It was nice being off. Of course, when I came back to work yesterday it was a nightmare. When I was out, one of our portals went down, so none of my work was done. I had to play super catch-up yesterday, which sucked. I was not a happy camper. I hope today is a lot better. It sucks to work through pain, but it sucks even more when you’re stressed out and working. Outside of that, we haven’t done much of anything. We have a wedding to go to tomorrow for my cousin. It starts around 2pm, so I’m thinking we’ll be back home by 7-730 at the latest. I know Em will never sit through the ceremony though.

Update: I now have a dentist appointment tomorrow at 10:45am. I’m hoping my sister will let me pick her up early, so she can watch Emerson. If not, oh boy. That’ll be a wreck. I have no idea how I’ll ever get my mouth looked at with him running around. Hopefully the staff won’t mind to watch him for a minute for the doctor to check me out. The dentist also called me in a prescription for an antibiotic just in case there is an infection. I hope there isn’t one though  and I’m okay. It almost just feels like the crown is scraping oddly. I guess I’ll find out tomorrow, but having to let the dentist tinker around again FREAKS ME OUT! I don’t want to be in any MORE pain than I’m in now. Say a prayer for me guys! It sucks to just try to take care of yourself and then have issues.

Alright,  enough complaining from me. I’m sorry to beat your ears over this, guys. It’s hard to forget about a gnawing pain though in the side of your head! I hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments: