Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Another staycation


We’re taking another mini staycation in August. Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. I have a lot of things planned for us. I know I’ll be beat by the time I go back to work on Tuesday.

There is a Super Hero cruise the first day of our staycation that I’m considering taking Emerson on. He is free because of his age. It’s $22 for me, which isn’t too bad. We have to pay for snacks/drinks on the ship, which I’m sure will cost an arm and a leg, but I’m not 100% sold yet. I’m not sure if Em is old enough to really appreciate it though. He doesn’t seem like a big fan of characters in costume, but I know my nephew would enjoy it. If my nephew is into it, it might sway him. It would be cool to take him on a big boat though. He’d probably like going up onto all of the decks. It’s only a 2 hour cruise. They have activities and such for the kids. We can wear super hero tee shirts too. He has a Spiderman costume that would be cute to put on him, but it might be hot for all of that. I think I just talked myself into this. LOL Sometimes, you just need to think things through.

On Sunday, we’re going to Jellystone Park! Yes, Yogi Bear themed. It looks absolutely adorable. I believe Emerson is free to get in and it costs $15 for me. The only downfall is you aren’t allowed to bring your own picnic if you aren’t campers. We’ll have to purchase there, which I’m sure is NOT cheap. I hate when places force you into having to buy food from them. I like packing our own snacks and lunch. It’s a cost I’m willing to absorb though considering the place is adorable.

On Monday, we’re just going to the waterpark free with our passes. That’ll round out our mini staycation. I know I’m going to be completely wiped afterwards, but it’s nice to be able to get out and do some things. We still have some additional things on our bucket list, but I’m considering taking some things off.  We’ll see how things go. It’s going to be really boring once all of the pools shut down after labor day. Not going to the waterpark every weekend is going to suck. I know it’s a bit early to worry about that now, but it’s nice having a free place to log hours every weekend. I honestly forget what the heck we did before summertime!

I’ve jam packed our entire summer full of awesome activities. It’ll be hard coming down from that. I guess we’ll just switch to indoor things after that. Trips to the Children’s Museum,  The Science Center, Mattress Factory, Heinz History Center, The Aviary, and the Conservatory are on my list. Emerson should be free at all of those places too.

My nephew is coming home in 13 days. He’s been in California since the end of June. He went to Six Flags with his family and to the beach a couple of times, but other than that they haven’t been doing much. He constantly says he’s bored and wants to come home. He is counting down the days and has been since he got out there. We’re saving all of our bigger excursions for when he finally comes home. My sister set up a welcome home party for the day after he gets here. It’s a Tuesday. I took that Tuesday and Wednesday off, so we can spend some time with him. It’ll be nice and I know he’ll like actually going out and doing things.

On Friday, I’m going to a beerfest with my friends. I know, I know. The color run is on Saturday and it’s early in the morning. I don’t really drink at all, so I’m not worried about it. It’ll be fun just to go and hang out kid-free, which is something that does NOT happen very often. My sister is going to babysit Emerson for me at my house. That way, I don’t really have to worry about what time I come home because she will put him to bed. The only issue is the start time. It starts at 6:30pm. We’ll probably head down around 545ish, which means my sister will probably have to pick Emerson up from daycare. I feel bad asking her to do even more considering she’s already babysitting for me. I haven’t asked her yet. Hopefully, she will be okay with it. EEK. She will work all day already, so to not even get home from work before being on duty makes me feel bad. I don’t ever ask though, so hopefully it’s okay and she isn’t annoyed. I’m going to ask her tomorrow. LOL I don’t know why I’m so afraid to ask. She is really nice, always helps me, and is my best friend. I’m so weird with this stuff. I guess I just kind of feel like a bad mom when I make plans that do not involve my kiddo, which is why I never do it. This weekend, I feel spoiled. I get to go out on Friday AND do the color run on Saturday. It’s like a momcation. I know I deserve this time though. I just feel bad. Emerson absolutely loves my sister though, so he’s going to get a kick out of spending Friday night with her.

Alright, I am gonna head out J

No comments: