Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Post date like 3 days..whoops


This weekend turned out to be one of our best all summer. Saturday was a bit of a bust, but we made the best of it. We got to the waterpark around 1pm. We swam for about an hour, then got out to have lunch. While we were having our picnic, someone came over the loudspeaker to tell everyone the park was temporarily closed and to exit the water. There was some lightening in the distance. The storm rolled in. We waited it out for about an hour. Once it stopped raining, it was sunny, but the lightning and thunder persisted, so they weren’t allowing anyone back into the water. We ended up just calling it a day at that point, visiting my parents, then heading to my sister’s house. We didn’t get home until after 7pm. We had a good time though just hanging out.

On Sunday, we packed up bright and early to head to the lake. My sister picked us up at 10am. We got to the lake just shy of 11am. I surprised everyone with a canoe trip! We took Emerson out on the water and he loved it. I was so shocked at how well he sat. I was afraid he’d tip us over, or fall out, but he sat so well and enjoyed the ride. Today, my arms and shoulders are on fire! I did most of the heavy paddling and steering from the back of the boat, so I knew I’d suffer today. It was such a great time though and I cannot wait to do that again. We’re going to take my nephew when he finally comes home, so that will be fun. I’m pretty sure all four of us can get into one canoe together without an issue, but I guess we’ll have to see.

After we finished up canoeing, we hit the lake and swam all day. All three of us are fried. Emerson buried himself in the sand, which was hilarious. He loved being able to run in and out of the water at his leisure. We were right behind him the entire time, but he still had that freedom. It was just an all-around great day. We left the lake around 3:15pm. A storm rolled through shortly after, so we left in the nick of time. I put Emerson to bed early last night. He was exhausted and so was I!

My nephew is due to come home this weekend. I believe Friday is his flight, but we probably won’t see him until Saturday. We’re just taking the kids to the waterpark this weekend and swimming at my parent’s house. They bought a ton of new rafts and stuff for us to use, so that will be fun.

Tomorrow, we’re off, so we’re heading to the amusement park. Emerson and I are going to see if we can have our ac in the car checked out first thing in the morning though. I’m hoping it just needs recharged and there isn’t a bigger issue. I haven’t had ac in my car all summer. My dad is actually paying for me to get it recharged. I hope that isn’t a long process either. Our local oil place does it, so we’re going to be the first in line when they open the door!

On Wednesday, we were going to do the animal park, but because it’s going to be 95 degrees, we’re just going to swim at my parent’s house for the day. We hardly have done that all summer, so it’ll be nice to not spend money either. I don’t feel like dripping in sweat to see the animals though. We’ll wait until it cools off more.

Emerson has his 30 month check up on Friday, so we’ll be doing that, then grabbing take out for dinner since we’ll get home kind of late. That about sums up our week. I’m excited for my nephew to come home. It’s been a long  5 weeks. feels longer than that though. He hasn’t seen Emerson swim, or anything like that, so he will absolutely love  that he can swim with him without Emerson needing to be held.

Alright, guys. I hope you all have a great week!

No comments: