Friday, July 1, 2016

Summer bucket list


Yesterday, I planned an impromptu trip to Kennywood (amusement park). They had a superhero event that ran through yesterday. My company was still offering discounted tickets, so I bought one for myself. Emerson is free, so it made sense to go. It was super fun! I left work a little bit early, so that we could make it there before 5. We stayed for about 3 hours. Emerson had a great time riding all of the rides. The lines were so short too, so there was no wait.

Afterwards, we stopped at my parent’s house, so that I could borrow some stuff from my mom. I accidentally left my gym bag on the bus yesterday with all of my make-up, deodorant, curling iron, hair brush, gym shoes/clothes, all of my Tupperware containers from my lunch, and my magic bullet cups too. I was so upset. My phone charger and sun glasses were also in that bag along with my gym towel. My mom gave me some make-up, a hair brush, and deodorant to make it through today. When I got on the bus this morning, a woman told me that my bag was found and turned in. I called port authority today and they have my bag. Emerson and I will pick it up tonight. It sucks to have to make a trip after work, but it is what it is. I have to get my stuff.

After yesterday’s trip to Kennywood, we’re poor until payday next Friday, July 8th. The good news is we have some nice, free things planned for the weekend. We’re doing the spray park on Saturday and Sandcastle on Sunday. With our passes, we won’t have to pay any money at all. That’ll be enough excitement to get us through.  We have a lot of other fun things planned coming up, so it’ll be fine. We can’t do something every day. Sometimes, you just have to enjoy what you already have.

Our bucket list is coming along so nicely though. Below are the items we’ve checked off already.

Kennywood (twice)

The Zoo

Our Local Spray Park

The Lake

Sandcastle Water Park (twice)

Kerber’s Dairy

Sarris Candy Factory

Mt Washington Overlook/South Side fountain

Upcoming adventures include:

The better Spray Park

More trips to Sandcastle

Idewild Amusement and Water Park

Living Treasures Animal Park

Indoor/Outdoor Water Park

JellyStone Park

The Wave Pool

Boat Cruise

Build-A-Bear

The Regatta

The Bubble Run

The Color Run (Emerson isn’t doing this one with me though. This is just for mommy)

I’m excited.  We don’t have much planned over the next two weeks though. We’re doing Sandcastle a couple of times and the Wave Pool. The Color Run is on the 16th, so we’re organizing a trip with friends to Sandcastle for after that are running with me. I think I am going to sneak our Build-a-Bear trip in somewhere. It’ll shake things up a bit and I think he will really enjoy doing that. I am just trying to make sure that we have some fun things planned periodically. I want Emerson to have a fun summer, but this is also for me too. I do get joy out of doing all of these things too.

I was having a bit of a heated discussion with someone the other day regarding doing things for me. They assume because I am not going to a club/bar, that it means I am not doing things for myself. All of these excursions just aren’t for Emerson. Its things that I want to do too. I like going to the pool, zoo, amusement parks, etc. It’s fun for me. I could do more things without him, but I prioritize and I realize that we do not have funds to do separate things all of the time. I am happy I get to do the color run with my sister and friends. That’s a treat to myself this summer. I do things after he is in bed though. I rent movies, read a book, etc. I also consider anytime that I work out just for me. I have been slacking MAJORLY on that lately. I need to get back into it. I had planned on running yesterday, but skipped lunch to leave early for Kennywood. I have no running shoes today because I left my bag on the bus last night, to today is ruined too. I’m shooting for tomorrow though.  Anyway, I don’t think drinking defines having a good time, or doing things for yourself. I just don’t feel like spending my money, or time in that manner. I’d rather go see a movie, hike, do something outdoorsy, go to dinner, etc. All things that have nothing to do with being out late with drunk people. It doesn’t interest me anymore and I think a lot of people have a hard time grasping that. I am not the same person that I once was. I was very social before, and loved going out. I had the luxury of being that way. I had my time and it was great. I fully experienced my 20s, but now, I am at a different part in life. It’s great!


No comments: