Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Save the drama for your mama


I don’t even know where to begin with this weekend. There was more dramatic episodes than I’d care for, but thus is life. I guess I’ll just go in order and break it down by day, so bear with me….

On Friday, I worked from home. My sister picked Emerson up, so that I could leave on time to make it to Beerfest. I took an uber down and back with my friend. We met a group of people down there. It was REALLY fun. It felt nice to get out for a while kid-free, which is something that I hardly do. I don’t really drink, so sampling so many different beers had me like WHOA. No joke, it hit me out of nowhere. I wasn’t  a mess, or anything, but I definitely was in no shape to drive. After ubering to my friend’s house, I slept for a couple of hours before going home. The downfall is I failed to tell my sister this. Whoops. She was so worried about me when I didn’t come home in a timely manner. I felt extremely bad, but it was just safer for me to stay for a while before trying to drive home.  That was one part of the weekend drama. She was none too pleased with me and actually thought something happened to me and was in panic mode when I didn’t answer. This isn’t typical for me at all and I would never just not answer my phone calls, or text messages. I wasn’t overly concerned I guess because I knew she was sleeping at my house anyway and that Emerson was well taken care of. In any event, it wasn’t some drag out situation. I walked in, said I was sorry, and that was that.

Something stupid happened at Beerfest though that was unnecessary drama and really annoying. I went with my friend who lives pretty close to me. The funny thing is when my sister didn’t know where I was, I was literally just down the street! Anyway, while we were there, we ran into his co-worker and her boyfriend. I guess this girl must have a “thing” for him. I’m not sure. It really isn’t my business. She was so rude to me. I was actually kind of shocked that she was so openly rude. She wanted to know who I was and didn’t ask in a very nice manner. After we walked away, he explained who she was and that she has a “thing” for him even though she is in a relationship and her boyfriend was there with her. Odd. I let it go and we continued along the way sampling. After Beerfest was over, we all headed down to a bar to get something to eat. It was fairly early and only about 11pm. Of course, this guy tells his co-worker and her boyfriend where we went. Why? I mean, the girl was openly irritated and not being very nice to me, so why are we creating drama and an awkward situation?  Everyone we were with told him to not invite them over to our table, or even acknowledge that we were there. What did he do? He walked right into the restaurant, told them where we were sitting, and invited them outside. WHAT THE HECK?! It was someone’s birthday in our group too, so it sorta spoiled it for her. His co-worker and her boyfriend were so rude to me!!!!!!!!!!! It was absolutely awkward sitting there being drilled by people who I don’t even know. The weirdest part was the boyfriend was doing it too. I guess he didn’t realize that his girlfriend likes another guy. After enduring that for a while, we finally left. The one thing that irritated me is my friend never told them to stop it. I didn’t want to be rude, or make the situation worse, so I just sat there and endured it. Everyone we were with felt so offended by these people. Don’t get me wrong, I had a great time, but I just don’t understand why someone would purposely create that situation. I think he liked that this girl seemed jealous that he was hanging out with another girl. Ridiculous. I just don’t roll that way. It’s extremely high school. I mean, it is what it is and I don’t really care now, but I don’t think anyone should allow someone to openly continue to disrespect your friend in front of a group of people. That’s just my two cents.

Saturday morning was a bit rough for me. The color run started at 9am. We had to drop Emerson off to my parent’s house around 7. All the while, I feel like death. I made it through somehow and we all had such a blast. It was AWESOME. There were 8 of us, which made it even more fun. I love doing stuff like that in big groups. Afterwards, we all planned to meet up at the waterpark. It was AMAZING! We were there for about 5 hours. Emerson had so much fun.  Probably the most fun he’s had all year out of all of our visits. He passed out so hardcore in the car. It was almost 7pm by the time we got home, so I made him wake up. I fed him some dinner, gave him a bath, then he was out cold until 9am the next morning!

We had a late breakfast on Sunday and hung around the house until about 1230pm. We got ready and headed up to Toys R Us, so Emerson could use his gift card. He ended up getting a really cute safari toy set with all types of animals. Afterwards, we headed to my sister’s house. Oh boy…Dramafest again….

My nephew is supposed to come home on Monday, the 25th. We’ve been waiting for this kid to come home. Well, his dad texted my sister and told her that he can’t afford the airfare from California to Pittsburgh, so Isaiah wouldn’t be home until a few days later. What?! Who doesn’t purchase a round-trip ticket from the start?  He admitted that he made a mistake and was in over his head. California is  a lot more expensive (duh) than he anticipated. Well, he shouldn’t have flown my nephew out there knowing they aren’t financially able to support the cost. It is really expensive! They always wait until the day of to purchase tickets too because they never have the money before then, so it’s twice as expensive. I am sure it wasn’t easy for him to admit that. I just think if he is miserable and knows it isn’t working, he should buy himself a one way ticket back. The problem is he’s married now and his wife has two kids living there with them. I’m sure he doesn’t just want to leave her, but it was her bright idea in the first place. I just think that my nephew is suffering because of their stupidity. This kid has been counting down the days to come home and has been agonizing over being there. My sister is flipping out beyond belief, which is understandable. I guess the good thing is that he is safe and being taken care of. It sucks and it isn’t right, but I am glad that it isn’t intentional. He will be back before we know it. In the meantime, she can work on trying to modify the custody agreement to say that he has to have proof of roundtrip airfare first before my nephew can go again. I mean, that seems pretty reasonable to me. If he can’t afford it, then Isaiah just can’t go. She says that it costs money to modify the agreement, which I am sure it does, but there is no use complaining and freaking out if you aren’t going to at least modify it to work better for you and your kiddo. The good thing is he probably won’t fly my nephew out for Christmas. He didn’t last year. Instead, they all came here. I’m thinking she will be good for the remainder of the year and can work on getting this modified with funds from her income tax. It’ll all be handled before next summer.

After all of that, we headed to my parent’s house to swim. Emerson and I had the pool to ourselves. We were having such a good time until we heard a girl screaming bloody murder for help. Her boyfriend must have been beating her pretty badly, then we saw him try to toss her out the window! My mom called 911. The police weren’t immediately dispatched. We were told to call back in 5 min if it got worse. What?! They finally came. I’m not even sure what happened because they didn’t tell us, but the girl stopped screaming. It was scary as heck and ruined our pool time. I wasn’t sure if this guy was going to come running down the alley, so we got out of the pool just in case.

We went home a couple hours later for dinner and to just relax after a busy, but fun weekend. It was nice to do some things on my own, but it was even better to spend time with the kiddo. I need a break from doing my own excursions though! I don’t know how I constantly did that stuff before I had Emerson.

This week, we have absolutely nothing planned. I’m probably going to take Emerson for ice cream one night after work. The trampoline is supposed to come in tomorrow, so we’ll play in the sensory room. Both therapists are on vacation this week, so they won’t be in to see Em. I want to make sure we do some stuff at home to compensate. We haven’t been in the sensory room in about a week. We’ll make sure we get down there this week. He hasn’t seemed like he’s been seeking that input as much. I think because I’ve been incorporating enough activities into our typical routine for him to get what he needs.

This upcoming weekend doesn’t seem too lively. We’re doing the water park and will swim at my parent’s house. I was thinking of trying to shake things up a bit, but I’d rather save money for when my nephew comes home. We’ll see though. I might nix some things, so that we have a little more wiggle room.

Alright, that’s enough from me! Have a good week.

No comments: