Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Our weekend


This weekend was really nice. On Friday, I made a fruit pizza and a regular pizza for dinner. My parents came over to pick up Emerson’s old crib to give to a friend of my moms who is having a baby. When they left, we ate dinner, then headed down to the sensory room to play and to watch Frozen. Em played so well! I lost track of time and before I knew it, it was 9pm! I guess it didn’t matter because the next day was Saturday.

On Saturday, Em snoozed until 9am! We had plans to head over to the waterpark around 1pm. We played in the sensory room for a while that morning after eating breakfast. I have to tell you, he was an absolute angel at the waterpark. He even let us break for lunch without a fight! We were there from about 1-430pm. We would have stayed longer, but they closed the Wave Pool portion, which was the last stop on our tour, so instead of getting back into the regular pool, or walking all the way back to the kiddie pools, we decided to just head out. When we got home, Em was crashed, so I put him in bed. He napped until about 530pm. I woke him up though. I wasn’t risking ruining bedtime. On Saturday night, we had a movie night in the sensory room. We watched The Lion King and made popcorn. Em has never had popcorn before. He tore it up! Man, that movie is violent and sad! I forgot all about the actual plot. It’s not all “Hakuna Matata”. He didn’t seem bothered by it, but I felt some kind of way about letting him watch it. We have some milder movies that’ll be a lot more appropriate to watch. He enjoyed it though. He started to get a bit out of hand towards the end, but it was pretty late and he was tired, so up to bath, and bed he went.

On Sunday, we headed over to a cute donut shop for breakfast. Afterwards, we headed to the mall for Emerson to Build-a-bear. He loved it! He built a stuffed puppy that barks. It was pretty cute. We named his puppy “Cole”. He is so adorable. Em took him to school today. I hope the teachers don’t forget to put him in his cubby. After the mall, we headed to my parent’s house for our weekly visit. Emerson terrorized my dad and ate all of their cheese. It was a pretty typical visit. After we got home, I cleaned Em’s pool and let him swim for the rest of the day. We went had takeout for dinner, watched cartoons, then he had a bath before bed. I was exhausted and ended up passing out on the couch.  Overall, it was another great weekend.

This week, we’re playing it low key. Em’s pool is freshly clean, so he can swim out there. I’m finally going grocery shopping tonight, so we’ll be all stocked up again. It’s been slim pickins at our house, which is why we ate out last night. It isn’t something we regularly do. This weekend, I’m doing the color run, then we’re hitting up the waterpark. I’m excited because my friends who are running with me are also bringing their kiddos to Sandcastle. Em will have some kiddos to play with. We were invited to a grad party on Sunday. I’m not sure if we’ll go. We don’t really know the person. It’s a friend of my sisters. I ended up ordering the trampoline from Walmart because it was cheaper than using the toys r us gift card. I’d end up spending more money at toys r us. We still have the gift card though, so on Sunday, I’m thinking we’ll head up there to pick something else out. We can swing past my parents afterwards to swim.

Alright,  all. I hope you have a fabulous week!!!!

No comments: